Z32 standard injector K constant?

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

RobH

Z32 standard injector K constant?

Post by RobH »

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out if the base map that was programmed into my daughterboard was for the standard 370cc injectors or the 550cc injectors which I have installed.

Using the 'resize injectors' function shows them at 370cc but I can see that changing the value does not change the value in the .adr file hence I'm not sure if this has been done or not. I did ask Pete to program 550's in but don't know if he did or not. The multiplier value is showing as '193 (0x00C1)' this does change when resizing has been done and saved, injector size reverts to 370cc however....not sure if you would class this as a bug (?) Once I know for sure that I'm all set for 550cc injectors I'll edit the .adr file to show this (is this correct?)

On a related topic, would using the standard tune 370cc multiplier value with my 550cc injectors cause it to run rich or lean??

Am I right in thinking that once I have the injectors resized correctly I can use 'Operations -> Wideband input tracer' to evaluate my A/F ratio and adjust as necessary? I don't have a wideband sensor so if this doesn't apply to me is there something else I can use that isn't currently documented? (AFR Auto Tuner?).

One last Q, is there a document of expected consult values for the Z32? All the info looks very useful but I'm not sure if a lot of it is within tolerance or not :-\

Sorry for all the Q's - especially sorry to you Matt - if you pick this one up as well! I'll be fine once I get my head around the basics.

Cheers

RobH
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There are factory ROM files on the downloads page you can use to compare your ROM against

The standard Z32 ROM (41P03 JDM) VG30DETT is 288 decimal

If I resize that it ends up being 193 decimal (which is what you have). So pete has programmed your board up as requested

Using standard multiplier would make it run rich. Bigger injectors flow more for the same period of time. When adjusting the multiplier, making it smaller reduces the opening time

You're talking about the guages? Theres some info here using the conZult tool. Its worth a look, but nothing we have documented
http://macmadigan.no-ip.com/kitesystems/Z32CONZULT.pdf