M30 ecu is great!

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

zmech

M30 ecu is great!

Post by zmech »

Hey Matt,

Just wanted to let you know that I put the Version 2 M30 ecu in my 50th anniversary today. Man that is nice. Tuning via the consult plug is awsome. So much nicer than the usb interface of the Z31 Nistune.

I would like to find out if you offer Nistune for the Q45 engine? I am looking at placing a VH45DE into one of my Z cars. Would love to get a Nistune unit for that ecu.

Anyhow, just wanted to let you know that your product is awsome, at least in the M30 ecu.

Darren Kirkpatrick
San Diego, CA.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I didnt think the USB on the type 1 boards was that different? The older Rev1 with the romulator used to be a pain, but its a lot better now

The Q45 we cant do a type 2 board for. So you're stuck with the romulator/moates emulator for that one. You still get maptracing etc. The program for that ECU fills up the entire ROM chip, so we cant put in our measlly 400 bytes of firmware code into it

matt
zmech

Post by zmech »

Is there no way to place a larger nvram onboard?

Also, on my M30 ecu, the timing is way off. Or actually the offset is off. It is reading 60 degrees but is set at 20 according to my timing light. Any hints?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Theres three offsets you can changed

Gauge:
CONSULT_TIMING_OFFSET=

Table:
IDLE_TIMING_MAP_OFFSET=

Map:
TIMING_MAP_OFFSET=

Add which ones you need to the address file with the offset required. I didn't realise M30 had a different offset
zmech

Post by zmech »

Matt wrote:Theres three offsets you can changed

Gauge:
CONSULT_TIMING_OFFSET=

Table:
IDLE_TIMING_MAP_OFFSET=

Map:
TIMING_MAP_OFFSET=

Add which ones you need to the address file with the offset required. I didn't realise M30 had a different offset
That did it. Changed the CONSULT_TIMING_OFFSET=40 and that works great. Shows the proper timing now.

Thanks Matt!
zmech

Post by zmech »

Back to the vh45 question.
How about a larger nvram?
http://www.st.com/stonline/products/fam ... /nvram.htm
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

We could do it potentially with the simteks but we use that part on soon to be 5 different boards and arent really wanting to change our board designs at this stage of the project

Its not really worth it, to support one vehicle which can be run from emulators. Costs too much to get it all the boards remade, and the programmers are designed to work with that size part

We cant use other parts, because the simteks are smart NVsRAM which use special STORE sequences used during the burn process to copy the tune from RAM into EEPROM

This NVsRAM is basically a safety mechanism so avoid problems in the incidence that accidental writes causing corruption, and then stopping the vehicle working permanently. If there is corruption, a restart of the ECU restores the last program (safety feature)