Configurable inputs - Wish list

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

Stinky
Site Admin

Configurable inputs - Wish list

Post by Stinky »

I'm wondering that since the z31 ecu and the serial bus seem to have limits to how much data can be sent it might be worth making it possible to pic a certain number of inputs to be used out of a pool. For example I may not want to see AAC, TPS, Engine temp, or battery voltage for a particular log or tuning session. Would it be a good idea to be able to shut these inputs off so I can monitor other inputs or get higher resolution or lower load on the ecu?

Also, since each type of ecu has slight differences in types of sensors and information available, would it be possible to have an "Other" input that is displayable on the live window and also loggable. For example, the z31 ecu monitors fuel temp but the r31 might not. I could configure the "other" input to monitor the ram address for the fuel temp and use a configurable equation for the data display/logging. This could also be handy for finding new ram data. I know we can sort of do this by changing the ram addresses for other inputs in the bin but a user friendly version would be nice.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

i can adapt the standard consult selection window to USB consult for this... but please let me look into the streaming issue first

my R31 code does log mode streaming absolutely fine with no impact on injection. however putting your Z31 code into my ecu and running log mode streaming causes the same injection 'miss problems' i should be able to fix that up. i think there is a firmware bug causing this

once thats problem is fixed, resolution is no longer an issue during log mode

if that problem is solved, do you still not want to see as many outputs as you currently do?

the software is currently governed by a list of 'consult registers' if it exists on a later ECU (eg Z32) and you have it, i can add it to the legacy USB register list.

Wideband and other inputs will be added to these as 'consult registers' but data retrieved from external devices. That implementation is half way through, once wideband works then i could add a separate monitor. But I'm just focusing on the basics for now
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

By all means fix the important stuff first.

As far as being able to configure what is seen on the live window it would be nice. Certainly not important as long as everything is already there but still it would be nice. Things like the second O2 sensor and the aac valve might not be something that people monitor much so they could free up some window space.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

consult display window size, guages and gradients are static objects. no removal of registers behind the scenes can change these being displayed/not displayed

at best case i can show grey window space instead of that guage but the GUI would look a bit odd when you do stuff like that
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Then dont worry about it. You're right about the gui looking a bit odd with grey areas so I wouldnt do that. What about making the labels/data used on the gauges configurable? Is it something you could put into a .cfg file easily. I could change the range, label, and input for a particular gauge? For example I could use the second O2 gauge as a fuel temp gauge?

Wish list for sure
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

not easily... those values all come from directly tied consult registers