ATTN mat.....PM wont work.....

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

datsunboy

ATTN mat.....PM wont work.....

Post by datsunboy »

Hi again matt.
I have a friend coming up to see me, and were going to try playing with the timing maps on his car. (Z18ET running CA ECU)
I've played a bit with fueling e.t.c. now so ok with that.
I remeber a post on the forum about how on the CA18, the timing maps were wrong in some way?

what I need to know is....how do I go about changing the timing in NIStune so that it will affect the engine instantly?
I'm going to assume that there will be no knock heard by the ECU at all, as we have put a resistor in place of the knock sensor.(being a different engine, knock sensor may not be calibrated right).

He'll be here in about a week.....so I wont have time to send my board back to you for the re-programming Ive been meaning to get done lol (hasnt been back for the firmware upgrades required......I think I seen 2 updates to the CA18 firmware talked about seperately on the forums?)

Cheers
Dan
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hey Dan

Got both of your PMs okay

Use the S13_CA18_256_E_fix.adr address file in the misc folder in the address.zip from the 'downloads' area on the website

This should have a line
REGISTER_FIX=1

This will get NIStune to report correct injection and timing. It is a work around to overwrite the wrong value in the internal consult table instead of getting firmware updates

The knock sensor I use is about 566K but I use 470K resistor to cancel the KNOCK_DTC code on the bench

You will need this otherwise you will be running knock maps with 5 degrees additional timing pulled
datsunboy

Post by datsunboy »

awesome.
so if I just use that ar file, and the latest NIStune, then I wont have any issues?
and just adjust timing as per injection?

and I'll confirm that he has a 470k ohm resistor in place
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

No there shouldnt be any issues. You should be able to see the timing you adjust in the 'timing' guage as you make changes
datsunboy

Post by datsunboy »

awesome
thanks