hey newbe here old to tuning

If you know what B.S. stands for you know what goes here.

Moderator: Matt

dynowog

hey newbe here old to tuning

Post by dynowog »

thaught i'd say hello

i'm well known as dynowog but you can call me nick also

most of my playing has been stand alone ecu's and obd flash tuning

been meaning to get back into the nissan's after a 4-5 year holiday (long story) to to many clients screaming for me to get back into them

couple of Q's

i have 3000kg/hr (900-1000hp) maf's available and would like to use them in high power apps.

is there a thread on how best to calibrate mafs (mind you i still need to read instruction manual i downloaded)

the procedure i use for other ecu's is run the car up with a known maf tune to perfection then measure both volts and see where the load is on the table

eg:
-80kpa 1v, 10% load 1lambda
-40kpa 2v, 20% load .9lambda
0 kpa 3v, 30% load .8lambda

then i mimic the afrs with the new maf to read the same

eg:
-80kpa .5v, 10% load 1lambda
-40kpa 1v, 20% load .9lambda
0 kpa 1.5v, 30% load .8lambda

hope i got my point across

i get my first vl ecu from pete today or tuesday and we play!!!

whats the most powerful std ecu powered vlt that we know of?

genuine figures please
WHERE THERE IS A WOG THERE IS A WAY!!!
WE CAME WE SAW WE CONCRETED!!!!
dynowog

Post by dynowog »

btw why do i need to loggin every time even though i have ticked the box for auto loggin? is there a setting i need to change?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hey Nick

No threads on calibrating MAFs, as most people are using the standard Nissan ones at the moment. Some of the Z31 guys are using Ford Cobra MAFs and using a VQMap extracted from Jim Wolf in the US

What one of the guys in Queensland is doing is hooking in the MAF and calibrating using the wideband feedback. Sets the entire fuel map to say 14.7:1, disables O2 sensor and then gets the injection mulitplier close. After that starts calibrating the curve to suit the new MAF

The VQ map has a maptrace so you can see as it gets measured as you play with it and try and get AFRs to what you are expecting

So far what RB30_POWER has posted here is the ~215rwkw with RB30 MAF but now he is fitting a Z32 MAF because he got limited here. So waiting for his results, plus the tuner in Qld who is doing a VL turbo there also using Toyota MAF insert into a larger pipe

Z31 VG30ET guys in the US have pushed quite large numbers using the Ford Corbra MAF, but they would have to post their results here. The VG30 ECU is hardware functionally the same as the RB30 (our ECU is identical to the 1986 Z31 VG30E ECU btw)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Dont know about the login... have to check with byrant on that one
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

The highest I've seen 490rwhp with a ford lightning maf on a mustang dyno using 720cc injectors and a highly modified L28ET engine.
Alrick

Post by Alrick »

The login problem is because the link opens in the bottom frame...
(when using www.nistune.com as home page to go to the forum)

if u open it with a link to _blank page, it will then stay logged in.. :D

<a href="http://ibconceptions.com/Nistune/" target="_blank">link to forum</a>

that should work..
dynowog

Post by dynowog »

Matt wrote:Hey Nick

No threads on calibrating MAFs, as most people are using the standard Nissan ones at the moment. Some of the Z31 guys are using Ford Cobra MAFs and using a VQMap extracted from Jim Wolf in the US

dw....thats cool ill do it done it before on fords very sucessfully so ill do it here too

What one of the guys in Queensland is doing is hooking in the MAF and calibrating using the wideband feedback. Sets the entire fuel map to say 14.7:1, disables O2 sensor and then gets the injection mulitplier close. After that starts calibrating the curve to suit the new MAF

The VQ map has a maptrace so you can see as it gets measured as you play with it and try and get AFRs to what you are expecting

dw....thanks this makes it easier than with ford should almost halve the time

So far what RB30_POWER has posted here is the ~215rwkw with RB30 MAF but now he is fitting a Z32 MAF because he got limited here. So waiting for his results, plus the tuner in Qld who is doing a VL turbo there also using Toyota MAF insert into a larger pipe

Z31 VG30ET guys in the US have pushed quite large numbers using the Ford Corbra MAF, but they would have to post their results here. The VG30 ECU is hardware functionally the same as the RB30 (our ECU is identical to the 1986 Z31 VG30E ECU btw)
think i have found another afm for vls should measure aprox 20% more!!!!
dynowog

Post by dynowog »

Alrick wrote:The login problem is because the link opens in the bottom frame...
(when using www.nistune.com as home page to go to the forum)

if u open it with a link to _blank page, it will then stay logged in.. :D

<a href="http://ibconceptions.com/Nistune/" target="_blank">link to forum</a>

that should work..
if you were female i'd kiss you xxx ooo but your not so i take it back!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Efi Performance

Post by Efi Performance »

Hey guys, Im currently testing a toyota insert in an OS pipe and making MAF coe to suit. As for RB30 power figures we have seen just over 370rwhp on a DD. Hope to have to back on the rollers next week to turn up the boost and rev this thing. 20lt of C16 may be on the cards also... just to get that one off illusive power figure. Will definatly keep you posted.
dynowog

Post by dynowog »

Efi Performance wrote:Hey guys, Im currently testing a toyota insert in an OS pipe and making MAF coe to suit. As for RB30 power figures we have seen just over 370rwhp on a DD. Hope to have to back on the rollers next week to turn up the boost and rev this thing. 20lt of C16 may be on the cards also... just to get that one off illusive power figure. Will definatly keep you posted.
should catch up when i'm there next!
Efi Performance

Post by Efi Performance »

Definatly nick, drop us a line when your up next.
dynowog

Post by dynowog »

Efi Performance wrote:Definatly nick, drop us a line when your up next.
ill post it on here
skyline_stu

Power using a VLT ECU

Post by skyline_stu »

Many years ago (1999) I had a VL turbo ecu on my HR30 skyline (L20ET)and I made a new 80mm MAF body and then re-calibrated the VQ table to suit the changed voltage outputs. Made 365hp on 36psi but I was killing the hot wire sensor weekly and then daily towards the end due to too much airflow when the bov opened. So I updated to a MoTeC M48pro (seeing that I'm a dealer for these). The big bosch units were not sensitive enough to use at low airflow/light throttle - remember it was only a 2lt SOHC engine. I just measured the outputs of both in series, extrapolated a curve and fine tuned from there

Stu