s13 ca18det FP1 launch control switch input

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

_KeRNeL_

s13 ca18det FP1 launch control switch input

Post by _KeRNeL_ »

Hello,

I have updated my old base nistune to a FP1 board (44F0F) and I tested the launch control feature sucessfully based on speed trigger.

Now I want to be able to free rev in neutral/standstill, and also have launch control on demand, so I should wire the trigger line, but I have a question:

When I read the FP hardware install documentation I find refferences to use the steering power line as an input to trigger LC on and off, but then I found another comment about using the MAF calibration line in S13 CA18 (pin37 for non cat).

Which one would apply to my car (EDM S13 CA18DET 44F07)? I can't find anywhere in the software to choose the type of input, only the "launch switch" option in FP Flags.

may be I should assume that each boards firmware will automatically use the available input for its ECU, which In my case if I'm right it is the MAF CAL line (pin37), but then it raises another question: Will I have any impact in my MAF calibration by removing this input as my car is Non CAT (4 wire maf)

Thank you!
Nissan 200SX RS13 (Euro Spec) CA18DET
_KeRNeL_

Re: s13 ca18det FP1 launch control switch input

Post by _KeRNeL_ »

I also have another two simple questions:

- why can't you use neutral switch which is already present? I.E.: when in neutral free rev, when in gear but < 16kmh LC on, when in gear > 16kmh free rev

- the switch should be push type or on/off? (I have FP1, not FP1.1)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

We didn't want to accidently activate/deactivate for each gear change with neutral switch (for example if no speed input working, or if not wanted). So other switch was added (it was difficult to get working too)

FP1 is push on/push off. I updated that in FP1.1 to temporary push on, as that worked better
_KeRNeL_

Post by _KeRNeL_ »

thank you! I got it working perfectly with the maf input line.

do yo know if it affects anything to the air fuel mixture? otherwise...... why does the 4th maf wire even exist, if it is not used at all...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

It's been a long time since I've done the code for this, but there was a MAF calibration input, which was hard set at the MAF. So we were able to reuse this line without affecting the MAF otherwise