timing when cold

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Wayl94

timing when cold

Post by Wayl94 »

i got this problem that i cant figure out for the life of me its gettin very annoying tired so many different things but cant fiigute it out,only when the car is cold around 10 degrees on nistune its showing the car is running at -9 degrees timing and it only happens when the car is cold and when the idle switch is plugged in, if unpulgged it just rev around 2000 rpm and be fine im gonna attach a log from starting cold to driving a min or so down the road can see in the log when the timing drops to the negatives and even cuts out at one point only way to keep it from cutting out is foot on the gas but once its gets to a certain temperature it stops doing that and runs fine hoping someone else had this problem it might have nothing to do witht eh tune but im not sure if vavles or anything got to do with it,wondering if anyone has had this happen before cause its super annoying an makes it worse when i cant figure out whats going on.
Nistune_2022-05-23_1430_38.csv
(248.41 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
any help would be great
Matt
Site Admin

Re: timing when cold

Post by Matt »

You haven't posted the tune file here, so I've not really got any idea

I'm guessing the warmup timing table, but factory values don't go into the negatives. I suspect the timing values you have (somewhere) are > 128 so show as negative

04U00 is a factory base image (not FP) so this sounds like an older ECU (pre-2005 Nistune) you have here
Attachments
2022-05-25 07_29_24-Nistune [HCR32 SKYLINE (RB20DET) (Version_ 4)].png
(311.89 KiB) Downloaded 674 times
Wayl94

Post by Wayl94 »

oh sorry forgot that but i dont really see a problem in the timing table.
r32gtst.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
r32gtst.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Wayl94

Post by Wayl94 »

also i have the warm up timing table disabled, when i did it still did the same thing just when i had foot on gas it would be boggy untill it hit about 3500rpm then take off like from the factory, what ever it is it happens between like 13degrees temp and30 after that its fine even when i start it once its already warm only happens when its cold and i have no idea why, would fuel pressure or boost leak cause a play in this or even the 02 sensor?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Compared against the factory file and I can't see anything in the factory tune which would be affected. Unless another undocumented table was affected

When did the problem start happening?

Idle/decel timing tables are used with idle switch, but this one is temp dependent. To that can only be warmup timing which is upto 30 degC, but you have changed both to 0, which might set it on all the time

Try min = 0 and max = 5 and see how that goes

Also set warmup timing all to 15

And Knock Retard load limit 2 from 48 to 125 and see how that goes

Otherwise I would reflash the board to 11U0H (Feature pack 1.1) and import the tune in case another unlisted table modified or corrupted image
Wayl94

Post by Wayl94 »

just tried it with them values same thing. i had the car for like 5 years now and it always revved high was my first rb engine so was doing all the research for it and found out that the idle switch was disconnected but i guess it was for that reason must be something thats not on the computer side,just dont know what would cause that,cant find no one else with the same problem but thanks for the help!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Probably try getting the board updated (some distributors in the USA listed on our website can do this) to 11U0H and then see how that goes
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Your symptoms really look like warmup timing related but ok, you have 0°C in the WARMUP_TEMP_MAX and WARMUP_TEMP_MIN (Btw, I would put -50°C to have them always disabled).
What is the knock timing strategy on this ECU ? I don't find any knock timing map !?

For ref: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3723&p=27290&hilit= ... MAX#p27290 (latest post)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

With HCR32 04U00 only has a single timing map. There is no knock map in the early HCR32 ECUs. I think 04U02 revision does have the knock map. 11U00 definitely does, which is why I used that one for feature pack