rb20det - runs rich

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

CGTuning

rb20det - runs rich

Post by CGTuning »

i modified the stock .bin for sard 550cc, z32 maf, and T4 turbo, burnt it on a 27sf512 eprom and plugged it in the ecu but it runs extremely rich. AFR is around 7.4:1 at idle and doesn't change no matter what i do. tried adjusting the k constant to 100 and even lower but still no change. what am i doing wrong?
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

TTP Min may need altering. It locks the minimum amount the injectors will open for, if its not small enough idle (and very low load cells) will be very rich.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

When you connect to consult, what is the injection pulsewidth looking like?

There are tick boxes for when you change injector sizes. Those will rescale TTPmin/max. I'm making them default 'on' in future releases so people use them by default

Some people dont like adjusting the scalers in line with K constant changes
CGTuning

Post by CGTuning »

is there a jumper on the ecu that needs to be moved, like the SR ecus?

was working on this again last night, even if i remove the eprom chip the car does exactly the same thing; starts but very rich. i've adjusted ttp min/max using the rescale option. also, i set the rev limit to 2000 rpm but when we start it, it'll still rev way pass that
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Are we running in limp mode?

For an RB20DET ECU the LED will either flash on/off continously or stay held on when in limp mode

Also you wont be able to connect to consult. Can you connect okay to consult?

With the 27C512 EPROM, are you writing the correct memory area on the chip since there are 2 x 32K blocks you can write the ROM image to