300zx set up

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Gonzo12c

Re: 300zx set up

Post by Gonzo12c »

Hi Matt. To update on this my board now has the feature pack installed.

I’ve downloaded the map from the ECU and looking to adjust that now.

I have set Kconst at 144 and halved both TP min and max load.

Fuel map has been flattened by half at top in just wondering if I then need to carry that on down the map?

I then just read about TIM so I set the TPs back and halved the TIM now.

When I can get out for a road run I’ll log more details.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Normally if you have FP then just adjust the TIM instead, and also adjust the fuel map by similar percent. So say 370 to 740CC injectors, would be 50% change so halve the fuel map values for example as a starting point.
Gonzo12c

Post by Gonzo12c »

Ok I will halve the fuel map and flatten out the top on it. Once I get out for a run in good weather I can adjust the K to hit the 14.7:1.

Also I have O2 sensors removed so I guess I need to disable O2 feedback. I’ve loosely read through the process for this and toggling it in the fuel map I think. Can you just explain the process to do this as it was a little confusing?

Idle is a bit lumpy at the minute and engine wants to die on throttle so need to work out if this is the tuning or some other issue.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Adjust TIM rather than K for just injectors

For O2 disable, set the O2 Feedback Temperature above 140 degC

Should not need to adjust the fuel map O2 flags normally
Gonzo12c

Post by Gonzo12c »

Latest developments as I should be avid to get the see out soon now that the weather is getting better.

O2 feedback temp set at 150.

K cont set at 144

TIM set at 256

Fuel map halved for the top end I assume I don’t need to touch the figures over the 160 mark?

Next I’ll set the flags as I had this set before the update.
Then anything else before I road test? Got to make sure the Zed is running right also I know TPS was good before just need to check the other signals.
Attachments
D67FDE48-C275-42C2-94F2-3AF321D37ED8.jpeg
(2.19 MiB) Downloaded 1394 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Check over the basics like fuel pressure etc correct. We have a tuning guide on our website you can run through also
Gonzo12c

Post by Gonzo12c »

Thanks I’ll find that and run through it as I tried the Zed on the above map and it is far from happy. Not idling and stalling without even really running. I’ll tune back to the standard map, run through the other checks as I’ve got an AEM FPR to go on since I’m not convinced the FSE one I have is 100% good then I’ll go from there.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hmmm not a good start. What if you increase TIM until AFRs are okay at idle, and then take it for a light cruise and monitor mixtures with light load and RPMs
Gonzo12c

Post by Gonzo12c »

Ok I’m back on with this.

FPR changed to AEM unit and fuel pressure set to approx 44psi. Base idle set again as it was out and idle was erratic.

O2 temp set to 145degrees

TIM set to 550 at the moment as my cruising AFR was high teens 18/19 at 512.

Latency set at 790.

Idle AFR is at 11.

My FTS is at 9% on idle which I don’t think is right.

Timing is good at 15 degrees.

I’ve not touched the K this time as I believe that was my error before that you only adjust TIM is that correct?

So to bring the AFR at idle up to 14.7 do I need to adjust the TIM or latency or get out for a cruise and adjust TIM to get cruising AFR correct first?

Gonna head out for a run and create a log of AFR anyway.
Gonzo12c

Post by Gonzo12c »

After reviewing the log for a run out and setting the feedback parameters I think I know what adjustments to make.

Will adjust latency to 700 as should be around this for Nismo 740s so is reading.

TIM I’ll drop to 540 due to my mixtures around the 2000 RPM mark.

Going up the power curve is does seem to run lean still.

UPDATE: I got a vac leak 😄 was running fairly well considering this. Was the line to the actuators so I’m going the swap the whole lot out and get back on it.
Attachments
15ADF8D6-B4CC-4268-B6E9-C27DDE47B538.jpeg
(441.65 KiB) Downloaded 1313 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay vaccum leak makes sense, since TIM is too high for just injectors changed (should be around 256)

You have some lean points in that trace, and it should be going across further to the right and then up during a normal run
Gonzo12c

Post by Gonzo12c »

I’ll sort the vac leak out and see how that changes the TIM. Do I need to touch the K at all or is it all done on TIM for injectors with the FP?

Is the TIM affected by the intake though as I have a considerable more amount of air intake being on Ashspec massives, 2.5” pipework, 58mm TBs and the HKS tubs. To me that would mean more air delivery therefore actually cancelling out the bigger injectors or does it not apply like that?

Once it’s all sorted and back together I’ll run a more aggressive test run as I was taking it steady 😄 the back end is quite twitchy on the open road struggling to grip.
Last edited by Gonzo12c on Mon May 18, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

K constant is used for adjusting load refercing. With Z32 MAF this should not need to be changed, unless you are hitting the end of the fuel map, and in that case lowered

Those airflow differences are measured with the MAF... so it should pick all that up

TIM should be halved when going from 370CC to 740CC (to accomodate the extra flow in fuel).