Left side bar items

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

my1path

Left side bar items

Post by my1path »

These are convenience items but I figured they might be worth a mention.

I think it would be useful for the left side bar items revert to their last used configuration. For example every time I open nistune the first thing I do is minimize Scalers, Limit tables and Timing tables. This allows me to see all the other items that I more frequently access. But if every group I minimize stays that way the next time I open nistune well, it would be a nice to have. :)
Being able to move the split between the two bars would go really well with this too!

Also would be nice if the left side bar was resize able. Once upon a time I think it was a perfect size but I think it got wider when some table names got longer. and I'd be ok with some of the names getting cut off by re-sizing as the tool tip can guide me if two have similar beginnings like the two "Knock Timing Beta Advance" tables. Ultimately resizing would allow more real estate for maps and tables without them covering the bar or getting covered by the bar.

This one applies when Fahrenheit and MPH is selected in the configuration settings. The lower left side bar items like Warmup timing temp, O2 Feedback temp and Speed limits are only Celsius and KPH. (even though it says MPH next to the text box)
:lol: Imagine my initial confusion when had speed limit set to "120" and I could not accelerate over 75mph :lol: hahaha!
:shock: I totally thought something was wrong, downshifted and hit the same limit with more torque and RPM :shock:
:idea: then I realized what was going on :idea: .

Be nice for each maps and table but especially would want it for gauges: right click option "always on top" this would be AMAZING!!!
stuffcc

Re: Left side bar items

Post by stuffcc »

Agreed for the side bar.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Sidebar width adjusts based on longest table name displayed. Not sure if i can make it resizable without it then getting scroll bars added to the side and top (something windows does).

Saving expand state should be fairly easy to add in so I'll do that for next release

Okay last one is a bug, so will look into if the conversion functions are getting called (probably not)
my1path

Post by my1path »

Cool!
How about an "always on top" option when we right click a gauge? That way a small gauge can always be viewed without having to dig it back up.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yeah that should be able to be done
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

left side bar items revert to their last used configuration
Added for next release
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

"always on top" option when we right click a gauge
Next release. I've done this as a global for all gauges. Right click on the 'multi guages' to activate. It will make all of them pop up in front. I've had to do this with a timer, activated when another map is opened or moved
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Temperature/Speed conversion issue for parameters has been fixed for next release