Type 3 board code 13 temp sensor

Discuss hardware problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Danny Cole

Type 3 board code 13 temp sensor

Post by Danny Cole »

Hey, I have a 92 240sx with a Ka24de-t , type 3 nistune board. So when I have the board plugged into the ECU I get a code 13 check senser resistance and signal wire continuity. When the board is unplugged is the only time I get the code to go away. Has no temp senser issues otherwise.
Any ideas?
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Type 3 board code 13 temp sensor

Post by Matt »

Check your temp conversion table. Sounds like it's messed up. The table converts raw volts into a temperature value. If any of it is out of range then it will change the temp reading and potentially raise a DTC

Compare your current tune file against the factory tune
Danny Cole

Post by Danny Cole »

Ok I compared the temp conversion table to the other one and they were identical. I noticed it said it was 138 degree and rising but the engine was off and cold. Also the consult guages showed the battery volts to be 5. Volts. Something somewhere shorted to positive volts? Maybe the temp circuit between the ECU plug and nistune board? Although when unplugging the board and jumper back to factory mode everything is fine. Its kinda frustrating. Is there a pinout diagram for the type 3 board available maybe? I'm out of ideas. Thanks! Sorry about all the questions
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay something is seriously wrong then with the program on your board. It will need to be removed and reflashed to factory again. Sounds like the base image on there got corrupted, and then burned in afterwards. Would suggest get it reflashed (you can contact us on the nistune contact form and then post it to me to get it reflashed).

After this, only do a safe burn to avoid corrupting again. That is, power cycle ECU, upload and then burn when finished making tuning changes
Danny Cole

Post by Danny Cole »

Sounds good. I'll post it to you tomorrow. Thanks