Loading Old Bin into New version of Nistune

Questions that get asked a lot.

Moderator: Matt

LeDippen

Loading Old Bin into New version of Nistune

Post by LeDippen »

Is there anyway to load my old tune file into newer nistune software tried different ways and value are all over.
Attachments
rb20det-a31ecu-yng2(2).bin
(16 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Loading Old Bin into New version of Nistune

Post by Matt »

A31 RB20DET files for feature pack are 32K. This file is 16K (only half the size) from the earlier model A31 ECUs

The only way to open this really is to pad out the file with 16K of blank (using hex editor) or open as early A31 file in one copy of Nistune and then copy/paste into a second copy of Nistune with the Feature Pack 32K setup
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

I also have a question about this. my bin file was used in march of last year and since then I didn't touch it because the car ran fine. Blew my head gasket it November and the car sat till I got around to fixing it 3 weeks ago. I installed nistune onto a new laptop downloaded the map and made a few changes because I am running 330cc injectors now. The car would start then die 10 seconds later, I thought it was mechanical cam timing was off so after doing it 3 times and still the same results I loaded a old bin and boom car fired up and ran. A little richer but it runs, did something change?
Attachments
thisworksoldbin.bin
1995 240sx KA24DE
(64 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Would like to compare against the one you downloaded (and then tweaked and then didnt work)

I've copmared this against factory 70F00 S14 KA24DE but nothing jumping out

From 275CC to 333CC then K would go from 257 to 212. Is that what you are using? If you increase K higher, does it then start working again?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Also don't adjust throttle enrich (VE) maps unless you have acceleration enrichment issues in one particular area of the map
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

This is the file I had loaded on the ecu. It would start for 10 seconds then shut off.
Attachments
333ccka.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Because K constant is too low. What I mentioned below is that it should be value of 212. However you have it 119 (half this). Maybe you resized the injectors twice?

After starting, and after crank enrich decays, it then leans out.

Put K constant to 212, Throttle enrich map to factory values (File > Import maps from file, then select 70F00 and then tick Throttle Enrich (VE), and you should be fine.
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

Sorry been at work all week. I did resize but it was just once which is weird. I will try the changes later today and thanks.