Runs then dies then wont run

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

r324door

Runs then dies then wont run

Post by r324door »

Hey guys i got a r32 gtst with rb20det with rb26 gtr injectors with the resistors pack and a z32,
so i change the settings to match the z32 and injectors
now had the car running ran good then dies now i have tried every thing i get it running then dies one min works fine then it dont work fine when cold seems to start fine now its not even doing that i had the car running good timing spot on but when it warmed up the timing and every thing seem to jumped around then died and cant seem to fix it no matter how much i change it. all so i get a consult cheaksome error and occasional check pin on bored error every thing secure i run extra earths yesterday. any ideas or anything i can change or test ?
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Runs then dies then wont run

Post by Matt »

Checksum/pin error if cranking is just noise interference affecting comms and nothing to be concerned about. Just reconnect

Other issues you need to read the tuning documents further. Also I don't see a software licence with the email address you are using??
r324door

Post by r324door »

Hey matt its tuners licence we are using at the workshop at full noise i have gone through all the documents from nistune and tried every fault finding guide. im just trying to work out why one minute the car works good and then just crashes and burns.
One thing i have noticed it is still reading voltage from the 02 sensor even when disconnected is there any reason behind this?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

It will read a default value from the sensor but should normally sit around 0.3V, compare the voltage against the O2 sensor input to the ECU plug using a multimeter

Not sure on the randomness of the state of tune.... things I would try

1. Get full noise to do a reflash on the board to 11U0F ENT file
2. Change back to stock MAF (I replied on other thread about this) and on the fresh reflash, just update injectors to 444CC
3. Monitor this and see how it goes. If still issues then take a log file
(a) when its running good
(b) when its not running good

Try to keep same rpm/MAF area during the logs. Then we can compare the logs and try and nail down the issue if still one after reflashing