VE Auto-tune for ve enabled ecus?

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

danielp11

VE Auto-tune for ve enabled ecus?

Post by danielp11 »

hi there matt. I was wondering if you ever got round to playing with an autotune feature for the volumetric efficiency enabled ecus? Was just wondering if you could come up with something similar to the afr autotune feature but just for tuning ve so that trimming on the 02 is as close to zero percent as possible. I did have my volumetric efficiency maps pretty much spot on but since changing to a holiest x40 and r33 maf i have totally thrown them off. was just wondering if you had any plans to do this before i go re doing all my ve table again.

thanks
Daniel
Matt
Site Admin

Re: VE Auto-tune for ve enabled ecus?

Post by Matt »

Its not going to happen... in short the VE + fuel table values are used to get the final injection value

VE tables are indexed by TPS + boost/RPM and fuel map indexed by TP/RPM

You cannot adjust one automatically without the other also being affected. It is best to adjust the VE for throttle enrichment and fuel table for base fueling by hand
NeWT

Post by NeWT »

VE tables are indexed by TPS + boost/RPM
Could you explain these words more deeper?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'm renaming the 'VE map' to 'VE throttle enrichment map'

Effectively the map is indexed by TPS on non-turbo vehicles, but on turbo vehicles it uses the TPS and boost sensor to index the tables. More details about this are in the 'NEO tuning guide' in our Technical Documents section on our website

The map is used to add extra fuel based on boost sensor and throttle position, also indexed by RPM on the vertical axis
NeWT

Post by NeWT »

Yeap, checked the new "NEO Tuning Guide". New investigations I see :) Ok, got it.