Launch control

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Launch control

Post by Matt »

Not sure with the flat shifter...

Rev 1/2 soft/hard (normal)
Rev 3/4 soft/hard (knock)
Vetal

Post by Vetal »

Matt wrote:Not sure with the flat shifter...

Rev 1/2 soft/hard (normal)
Rev 3/4 soft/hard (knock)
thanks for clarifications :)
Yes the way I see it, lowering rev limit while clutch is depressed essentially IS flat-shifting helper :)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Just an update on this one.

As usual, February has gotten busier again and there has been a recent spike in orders (good, that pays the bills!) and support work (general emails, phone calls and looking at maps/logs and problems with vehicles - half mechanical or electrical related!!) which is taking up more of the day and consequently has slowed down my CA18/VLT work. Not to mention my R34 got a decent dyno run last week whilst testing some boost control code, which was hampered by my MAC valve not bleeding enough air... but that's a different story

At the moment I've managed to run my CA18DET ECU via a patch harness on my SR20DET engine. However that did not come without complications. The feature pack stuff was running but ECU is not injecting correctly. Vehicle doesn't run the same as a normal 36F05 Nistune board with minor tune tweaks to make it run properly.

So sorting that out and found the first bug with the patcher (I had to convert from 16K image to 32K image to fit the feature pack in). That seems to be sorted but something else is still going on.

Plans for tomorrow after getting other work out the way is to continue on sorting that out in the vehicle. Once that is running, the basic feature pack tests (flex fuel and launch control) will be done. I'm booking the vehicle in for another dyno run on the S14 ECU as well as this one the following week, so everything needs to be sorted by then!

The VLT/Z31 code is next. The porting has been done but getting it running will be the fun part. No vehicle to really test on this one since so I'll need to find a donor!

In other news, we are upgrading the boards to use 3.3V parts as the 5V Simteks/Xilinx chips are hitting end of life. Some boards like Type 2 already use the 3.3V Xilinx and soon all boards will run Cypress chips (these guys bought out Simtek and are shutting them down). That has been happening in the background with Pete doing the majority of work whilst I glue the firmware together and resolve any issues. Always busy as usual!
Vetal

Post by Vetal »

Don't know what is flex fuel support but we're with you on CA18 launch control! :)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

CA18DET has now been completed. We dyno tested on Thursday. I can now upgrade peoples boards as required :D

There will be a ROM pack update coming out soon (no time today so far). I've updated the documentation for launch control using a switch in the feature pack hardware guide. Have a look at this to see how it is wired up. Flex fuel works like with other models so no surprises there
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Matt,
can I gather some clarity for this situation.

04U60 that is on V4 TPS firmware.

Now want to use Launch Control feature.

Which *.ent to use to retain TPS variable voltage functionality & utilise Power steering input for Launch Control?

Kind regards
Sime
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

As discussed:
HCR32_FOR_RB25_11U0F_MT_TPS_VCT_LEDOUT_v5_FP.ent
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

LC was a bit of a fail here, 04Uxx, 011Uxx
Can't get enough ign retard without redrilling the CAS mount, belt cover and add same in ign advance to the maps in order to correct base ign timing.

Without CAS bracket mods it couldn't launch the skin off a rice pudding for these two ECU's otherwise. shame they won't go under TDC.

however, on a positive note it has more use in a stock manual trans setup similar to what the shift strain gauge does, hold a limiter during shifts which is a good feature.
In an Manualised Auto (non reverse shift type) it can be used when in neutral to prevent over shift over rev.
It probably saved our engine during testing as the driver over shifted under full load sending the rpm's 1500 over the hard limit set 8K.

Look forward to some Neutral switch safety limiters in your next FP firmware updates.
Last edited by bachig24u on Mon May 04, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

As discussed on the phone, Ignition retard will only go down to 0 deg BDTC at the moment with most ECUs so the early rev cut limiter has the most effect at the moment
allforcar

Post by allforcar »

Hi all!

Possible make launch control in Nissan 200SX 23710 39f00 ECU?
Thanks!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes this is available now as 39F0F in the feature pack (also 44F0F for non cat models)
Bgtym

Post by Bgtym »

rb25det stock, maf r35, 720cc. holset hx35 twin scroll turbo and 2 wastegate

https://youtu.be/K92TMmwAPOI

https://youtu.be/O4VIK0NDkn8
ChrisMan287

Post by ChrisMan287 »

Nothing for A32s yet? Not sure how sales are going but I've been trying to help out with that.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Not at this stage. There are not many people using these board for Maximas

I've been working on a test suite to run through and retest all ECUs with recent firmware updates. There are quite a few to run through so I'm not looking at adding any more until I've got through it all
rafytuning

Post by rafytuning »

LC for z32 vg30de? no fp available?