Someone look over my tune...

Results of any interesting tests done with or related to Nistune.

Moderator: Matt

1SIKZ31

Someone look over my tune...

Post by 1SIKZ31 »

can someone please take a couple of minutes and open up my current .BIN file, and let me know if any settings are off by any means or look weird?

lol.

umm...
my set up is DSM 450CC blue tops
Z31 MAF (upgrading to Z32 soon)
87T .Bin File
Attachments
Current Tune.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
In the Works:
Z32 MAF
Holset HX35W
Custom 3 Inch Downpipe
AEM UEGO Wideband

Shooting for 400rwhp on the stock Longblock
9:1CR
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

Looks ok, but you really should tidy up the fuel map a bit. It looks like it would be way too rich off boost too.
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

it doesn't look like you lowered your tp scales by the same amount that your kvalue was lowered. what tp scale do you hit zero vacuum at?
1SIKZ31

Post by 1SIKZ31 »

Ok.
I messed with a couple values on Nistune, mainly injector latency...

Anyway...
with that said Bernard I made a log for you to watch of me driving for less than 2 minutes, and i did a 2nd gear and part of 3rd gear "0 vacuum" run, the first run i was actually pulling about 5 inHg of vacuum, while the 2nd run in the log was a true "0 vacuum" run, anyway if you would watch I would greatly appreciate it if you let me know what you think?
What should I set my TP's at?
thanks!
Attachments
0 Vacuum Run 450CC Z31 MAF.csv
(52.42 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

Looks like you're hitting 0 vac at a tp of 56. Is that correct? In that case the timing looks fine. Are you using a wideband? Your fuel table looks really rough. Are you going to stick with the stock afm until it's maxed?
1SIKZ31

Post by 1SIKZ31 »

Mu hhahaha, yes it is... rough...

Ive downloaded a "bin" file from another thread, and just looked over at the fuel tables, and HOLY crap they are amazing and smooth!

With that said...
I have a Z32 MAF in my closet, and a AEM UEGO Wideband Controller (in closet as well), which are going to both be hooked up as soon as I pop in my HX35W. (waiting for it to come back from AZ Tractor for rebuild)

Im not messing with ANY fuel tables or timing tables, since I dont know my AFR's, that bin file I posted was tuned by firehawk, and hasnt been touched since he tuned it months ago.

I cannot get in to any boost since this tune is a flaw!
My Turbo XS BOV was actually opening under boost (almost completely) and I didnt know it... we then tuned the vehicle...

i figured that out 2 weeks post tuning the vehicle.
big mistake.
I fixed the leak. (bought new spring for BOV) and now ALL fuel tables IN boost are high 12, mid 13 AFR's!
Not good!

Anyway, yes Im hitting about tp of the "50's" around 0 vacuum.

Thanks alot for the help! your awesome!
Any other advice you can possibly pass along?

... After Installing the Z32 MAF, and doing the appropriate hardware mods to the ECU, and changing the offset to 0 on the .ADR file, is there anything else that I need to do to install this MAF other than adjusting the K value to get proper AFR's?

Thanks alot man!

Im not going to touch ANY fuel or timing tables until I get that wideband installed.
In the Works:
Z32 MAF
Holset HX35W
Custom 3 Inch Downpipe
AEM UEGO Wideband

Shooting for 400rwhp on the stock Longblock
9:1CR
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

you'll still have to do some re-tuning. check your pm's.