Code 17 R34GTT

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Chris250

Code 17 R34GTT

Post by Chris250 »

I've have a customers car in currently to chase out faults and can't get to the bottom of the code 17 it currently has, I've tried de-selecting the fault flags in the Nistune software with no joy.

There's no misfires like what would be expected with a standard ECU to cause this fault, I can delete it and as soon as the engine is started the TCS off and slip lights will go out then come back on again.

All ABS sensors are reading as they should be, plugs are new copper's gapped to 0.9mm, coils are new (customer supplied ebay ones giving a resistance of ~1.4k ohms), the electronic throttle motor works, both throttle position sensors work.

Does anyone have any ideas of what else to check?

Modifications:
Conceptua turbo
DW 700cc injectors
Blitz style metal filter
FMIC
Cat-back exhaust
fuel pump
boost control
Nistune board
Attachments
R34GTTDWinj.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Code 17 R34GTT

Post by Matt »

17 = Boost pressure sensor?

You can lower the boost voltage range if this is disconnected to try and remove the fault, add a resistor or reconnect the boost sensor. Dont think you can clear that one completely with the flags
Chris250

Post by Chris250 »

It's a code for the tcs coms, I'll get the exact info off the car in the morning, about 4 hours from now
Chris250

Post by Chris250 »

eventually gave up on the tune I was working with. Having chased out so many mechanical issues I put on a full standard image, re-calibrated the injectors and all lights went out and have stayed out.

I've just fitted a Z33 AFM to test since the price of Z32's are sky rocketing, is there any confirmation that they are limited to 550bhp? This car is only going to be running 400BHP at the hubs this year but the customer has bigger plans
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes I've heard from most people using them the 350-370rwkw (depending on dyno) limit before maxing out which is 550rwhp. HPX slot sensor is your next upgrade after this