Nistune Question

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Someguy

Nistune Question

Post by Someguy »

Hey Matt,

Software seems to be pretty amazing so far. Some small things im hoping you can help with.

My tuner friend and I couldn't find where/how to log Wideband with the other data, is it possible?

A few times the RPM logs seems to have recorded bogus levels, especially when testing at red line area, seemed to jump from 7000 on dash (confirmed with a bear) where Nistune recorded 9530. Most of the time its spot on.

My AFM is pushed to the limit (usually 4.8-5.1) on the log. Just wondering with your knowledge if tuning the car on Nistune is reliable with the MAF reading so high? Has anyone got a link to the replacement proceedure for the introduction of a Z32 AFM?

Thanks again for your software and service. The tuner was very suprised how much it could do.

(car specs, 1989 R32 Slyline, R33 Turbo, 3inch turbo back, FMIC, 12PSI, Walbro Fuel pump, prenistune 167rwkw)
PL

Post by PL »

Hi,

I've run SR20 AFM's to the limit a few times and never had an issue. I can't imagine that the R32 AFM would be any different. Sounds like a Z32 AFM is required anyway. What rwkw were you seeing with the std AFM at 5.1V?

I'll dig out the AFM pinouts and post them when i get home tonight.

PL
Someguy

Post by Someguy »

On 12-13psi where it sits atm its doing 167rwkw/201bhp, at 16psi it was going up to 220bhp.

We can see in the trace as soon as I floor it, its reads from the top of the map and the injectors drop a ton of fuel in to the car causing it to run rich (10.0-10.5).

Im not much of a tuner, so im relaying things in the third person, apologies if im getting it wrong.

A quick check of the logs shows:

6387rpm, 12psi, MAF 5.11v, TPS 0.4, 02LHS .87
PL

Post by PL »

I assume you're running std. injectors? In which case it should just be a matter of chopping down the values in the fuel table to get mixtures in the 11.5 to 12:1 area.

With std AFM + increased boost they will tend to go straight over to the right most column (max load) as soon as full boost is reached.

If you're going to be fitting a Z32 AFM I wouldn't bother tuning too much right now. Fit the bigger AFM and then tune.

PL
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/di ... iring.html

AFM swap looks easy straight wire-wire swapover

R32 RB20
Wire A - Not Connected
Wire B - Signal
Wire C - 12v Ground
Wire D - Signal Ground
Wire E - 12v Power

Z32 VG30
Wire 1 - Not Connected
Wire 2 - Signal
Wire 3 - 12v Ground
Wire 4 - Signal Ground
Wire 5 - 12v Power
Wire 6 Not Connected

With wideband and consult logging, connect to both and then press the record button in the log player.

I'm currently in the middle of redoing some of the log player due to issues with stopping/playback immediately after recording esp from two different input sources. I'm trying to get a release out this week to fix that up...
[/b]
Someguy

Post by Someguy »

I know you can't do the AFM/MAF swap over on the standard computer, but a few guys here have posted their cars using Nistune with the z32 AFM.

The guides i have found related to a R31/RB30 type conversion, not R32.RB20.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

After you perform the wiring plug swapover, with NIStune, you use the Operations - Change MAF and then select the Z32 MAF from the dropdown list

This is covered in Section 13 of the NIStune Software Users Manual
Someguy

Post by Someguy »

Thanks matt and PL.

I should have RTFM. :oops:
kenbam

Post by kenbam »

If you need a hand let me know, i not long ago changed to a z32 on my rb20, took no time at all, either setting up the plug or retuning for the z32, very simple, although you will need a wide band sensor to get the K values right, the calcs were a little off. Have since changed to GTR injectors as well and i have a hi-flow on its way.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

let us know what K constants you get. Trying to fine tune those calculations for various vehicles. Flow ratings are estimates at best given to us from the Japanese ROM Editor package