Launch control

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Launch control

Post by Matt »

I'm working on this one now. I'll just do the launch control part and give that to Andy since the other stuff Flex/Injection adjustment is more complicated and I'm still working on the disassembly for that one. Should be about a week
sharpen047

Post by sharpen047 »

Like everyone else, my car would like launch control as well. I know z31 boards were difficult.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

G20 P10 SR20DE and S14 KA24DE disassembly and code has been completed. However there is a major problem - lack of spare ROM space due to the ECU program and maps being so large.

Since your ECU is also Automatic Transmission I cannot remove any of that code. For the meantime I'll just try and place the launch control code somewhere (maybe remove EGR routine) so I can provide that to Andy to get this done

I've also figured out the VE map tracing which I should have in the next release shortly
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Z31 boards will at least have a lot of spare ROM space on there considering ECU program + maps are 16KB on a 32KB memory area. I've done some disassembly already on these but there is a fair amount of work left on these

Z31/R31 code does not package the code into clean subroutines (sections) so it is difficult to trace through the code since it is one big lump with not much organisation
enohand

Post by enohand »

was the AT comment towards me? if so i am not sure what that means as my car is a 5sp (but soon 6 spd) i was told the spare ecu (which i had nistune installed on) was for a MT./ if it is a AT i am not pleased...bvut also not the end of the world as i can send my stock MT ecu to Andy & have him swap the nistune board over.....

but also i do have EGR removed, so if you can remove that,,,that would be freaking awesome...no morew resistors. yipped....would love to remove rear o2 as well....but not important as LC.....

let me know...thanks matt
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

yeah it was. I was looking at the ECU part# in the original thread from what you loaded 23710-06J10 (which was AT) but actually your ECU is 23710-0J202 when re-reading it which is manual.

So checked that file too and still no free ROM space but good that it means that there should be unused (dead) code (for AT) I can remove that and use it for launch control.

Yours being a 1995 ECU still had OBD-II functionality in it most likely (ie OBD-II port and associated fault codes). If I remove EGR code I will have to hunt down the associated OBD-II code and kill it also. This ECU was not one which I had in my original schedule (and is pushing other work out at the moment). So I'll do what I can just for the LC code to get your ECU working in the meantime
enohand

Post by enohand »

as I said no big rush, car is on jackstands (has been for the past year)

need to fix some minor rust spots in the rear wheel well.
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

Going to the track on 25th. Need to test a bit before heading out.
But no pressure. Lol
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

You using a Z32 300ZX ECU? I've got that one done for testing (attached)
Attachments
Z32_VG30DETT_41P03_MT_JDM_FP.zip
(27.48 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

I'll get it setup on the weekend. Thanks Matt.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

New version 1.2.8 contains the ENT and files (with maps included)

Please note I will not be releasing Feature Pack firmware in a BIN file
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

enohand - Finally got around to finishing the updates for your 0J202 G20 SR20DE ECU

I've removed the knock fuel+ timing maps to fit the code (there was not much AT specific code that I could remove to make room) as the ROM and maps take up the entire available space (48K)

I've added the injection adjustment control (replacement for K) and launch control (RPM and ignition timing). Minimum ignition timing seems to be -5 so I need to dig further to see what else needs changing to lower it further if required

I'll send the files to AVP today to program in your board.

Next up is the R34 ECU...
gtobyd

Post by gtobyd »

Gotta question for you Matt..... I can run launch control with both my Calumsult RTv2 boards as long as I have an XDF that has launch control as a flag. Is it possible to use Nistune's LC with my Calumsult RTv2 boards??
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

No it wont be. However you can use previous implementations (I have here S13 SR20DET, B13 SR20DE and S13 KA24DE files) with matching ADRs can you then use it

These are defined in the address 'Third party' folder
B13_SR20DE_256_E_91_92_LC_Calum.adr
S13_KA24DE_256_E_LC_Calum.adr
S13_SR20DET_256_E_LC_Stu.adr
martin7937

Post by martin7937 »

Hey! Is there any possibility to use launch control feature with P10 SR20DE ECU 70J10 at the moment?