Pinout for RB20DET ECU

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

missileman

Pinout for RB20DET ECU

Post by missileman »

Hello folks,

My o2 sensor just failed and I've decided to use my TechEdge 2COB Wide Band to simulate o2 Narrow Band.
Just wanted to make sure that Pin 29 that is the correct sensor (signal) wire that I need to splice into, as per these interweb pictures...

http://wiki.r31skylineclub.com/images/9 ... inouts.jpg

http://www.s-chassis.com/resources/wiki ... B20DET.jpg

Your confirmation would be appreciated, as you all know how accurate the interweb can be,
Regards Mike.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Pinout for RB20DET ECU

Post by Matt »

That is my diagram from a long time ago... yes that is fine to use :D
missileman

Post by missileman »

Haha thanks Matt, I already spliced in, decide to stop being a lazy bastard and tested it with my MM...

Since I have you here, my techedge has a programmable narrow band simulation lookup table, and I can also specify lambda, what would be a good AF ratio aim for with fuel economy in closed loop?

Cheers Mike.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Normally closed loop holds onto 14.7:1. Keeping in mind the further leaner you go the higher the exhaust gas temps. I'm not too sure how far you can go with that one
missileman

Post by missileman »

Thanks again Matt, have had the techedge connected for a week now and it seems to be working well as NB simulator. I opted to start with 14.7:1 but hope to fine tune it to 15:1 I'm not too concerned if it results in a slightly higher EG temp, my cooling system is working well and those parts of the map the engine is not being abused.

Cheers Mike.
raddy

Post by raddy »

EGT is highest at stoich. AF ratio, it will decrease in both (lean and rich) directions...
missileman

Post by missileman »

So when in closed loop I get a hi reading of 15.23:1 and a low reading of 14.39:1 for and average of 14.8:1

Did a run to the gold coast on the weekend and got 8.9 L/100Km ~ United P100

Does running in open loop have any downside? The o2 sensor and closed loop is purely an emissions control right?

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

From what I understand O2 sensors were introduced in 1986 for keeping emissions at 14.7:1 for optimal catalytic converter operation. There are some charts out there which explain the reduction of the harmful gases are most effective at this AFR