Tired of all the nonsense

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

martin7937

Tired of all the nonsense

Post by martin7937 »

Matt, there should be something wrong with the whole nistune thing on my ECU.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to get it tuned. Every day I am facing a different issue, causing weird problems.

This is to describe how absurd the situation is:
I have the license since.. I don't know how long, should be a month or so. As soon as I got it, I made some changes to my bin and the car started working just great. I had perfect idle, not that good cruise and close to target AFRs at wot.
Since then I was updating the bin fixing different issues such as optimizing cruise and wot, also fixing cold engine performance.

And here is the weird part. This morning I decided to go back to my ^^^first bin, just to check how well I did in terms of cold start, cruise, wot and so on. As a result, engine barely works. I have 21:1 AFRs at idle, impossible to drive under any conditions..

There should be something wrong with the adr, the bin, or the board, or I don't know what else in the world... This whole thing is really annoying.
I use the very same fuel, no upgrades to engine or whatsoever, temperatures just dropped 5-6 degrees and that's all..

I am far from noob in the SR20 world and I also kind of know how to tune. Stupid thing is I help people tune their cars and I can't deal with mine..

Please let me know what data you might need in order to check things out, if possible...
unex

Re: Tired of all the nonsense

Post by unex »

At first I think you should attach your both bin files. Some log would help too.
martin7937

Post by martin7937 »

Why would you need to see both bin files - they are all different and it will be like day and night when compared?
If the engine worked great with a certain bin a month ago, I suppose using this very same bin today should cause no issues. But it doesn't work this way.
There must be something wrong with the adr file or, there should be some kind of an algorithm or whatever to take into consideration. I am all aware that these 64kb bin files with VE table are pain in the a$$ but still...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi Martin

What ECU are you using (part#)?

Can you post your first BIN file (or email me) which you are currently using? I will check it against a stock one and see how if anything has changed

Address files just define where the tables are located in the ECU. If one of these was incorrect the tables wouldnt appear properly (or adjustments made would have unexpected results)

The software displays the information based on the address files and then allows you to upload them to the ECU. What happens if you load the stock (factory) binary in there and compare?

Something must have happened on your last sync to the ECU if things arent running as they used to from what I am reading so far
martin7937

Post by martin7937 »

The ECU I am using is 23710-83J00.
Below are attached the stock bin and my current bin.
I will try something later today to see if it was a matter of synchronization.

In the current bin K is lowered by 10. This is the only way I can adjust for decent cruise mixtures. There is a flag which applies the whole fuel table and I can't go leaner than 128 raw. The only way I can adjust the cruise mixtures is the K, as if I deal with the VE values it seems they change nothing.
Attachments
123.bin
Current bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Stock 512.bin
Stock bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
martin7937

Post by martin7937 »

Matt, have you had a chance to look at my bin files?
Let me know if logging under certain conditions will be in any help.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

If you could get a log of the problem that would help. I did have a brief look at the files earlier this week but couldnt find anything obviously wrong when comparing against the factory BIN file

Following this then got distracted (and had to get the next release out, plus usual swamp of emails)

I've got this thread on my TODO list still. However if I could see the log of the issue showing AFRs, injection time etc and tell me what time in the log you see the issue that will help me look through it
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

Martin are you hitting the burn to rom after you make changes for the day?
martin7937

Post by martin7937 »

OK then, I will burn my 'first' bin to the board and try to log. Engine works really bad with it but I guess I will be able to log idle, cruise and wot.

I am thinking of starting all over again, i.e. stock bin -> change injectors -> change MAF -> adjust K and fix idle with latency.
As usually, the problem will be setting the cruise. When I change injectors and MAF, I adjust the K under very low load (4th gear, RPM@2000) to get 14.7:1. Then fixing the idle with the latency is not a problem. WOT is also easy to adjust. But when it comes to cruise, I can't use the Fuel table as I can't go leaner than 128 raw. Tweaking the VE table values doesn't seem to affect mixtures. This is when the o2 sensor flag is off.

@BlueRB240 - yes, I hit the burn button, usually under no load, at idle or just at ignition, although I think it doesn't really matters. I pretty much save copies to all bin files I've created, named as per the specific changes I make. Mostly I make 1 change at a time, meaning - stock bin -> change injectors and change MAF -> go for a run -> if it works fine, then burn, save bin. Then continue with adjusting the K the same way - last saved bin -> adjust K under low load -> go for a run -> if it works fine, then burn, save bin and so on..
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

Ok Just checking, I didn't do that for a while and had some crazy problems with my tune. I couldn't get my WOT A/F to change from lean to rich no matter how much fuel I added to the map. It wouldn't map trace either and would just hang out in the middle of the map at wot.