FORD LIGHTNING 90mm MAF - part number????

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: FORD LIGHTNING 90mm MAF - part number????

Post by Matt »

I'll post an update here... based on where this VQ map came from

- VQ map for the JWT Lightning MAF was used in the JWT 600hp application for the Z31 ECU
- Lightning MAF itself was not modified
- Z31 ECU hardware as configured to use a "less than unity" gain MAF input to the Z31 box. There was a 0.480 volt offset for the MAF scaler which was adjusted in the VQ table (shifting table left about 6 places)
- Lower end fail safe in Z31 ECU code was lowered to the minimum 0.080 volt offset
- VQ scale will just not work in the current form to get the air metering to run the higher Hp figures

For later model vehicles without the voltage offset...

- Install a less then unity gain op amp circuit.
- Offset the idle voltage lower by .480 volts from the MAF. This will effectively move the VQ starting point scale at idle to the left by about 6 places on the table.
- Change the fail safe bit to .040 volts. The ford sensor reads .080 volts when you turn the power on the sensor

Requires change to the ECU code to drop the minimum limp voltage (SR20s not necessary since there is a low AFM volt param, but other ECUs like Z32 etc will need a ECU code change). Also requires this circuit to perform the voltage drop
that guy

Post by that guy »

Fact Ford does not stock or have that part number in their data base.That is Ford Racing part. They can order and sell it to you, but will charge you more than if you buy it independently. Ford Racing is a separate division. Cost was less than $200.00 brand new when i purchased it in miami,Florida from Muarrys speed and custom. I ran it blow through in 3 in pipe. Then 3.5 q45 throttle body and custome intake mani. Maxed out at 400+ or 450 .can't recall exact figure. i would not run this or the hpx pmas suck through. you kind of defeat the purpose and they basically tune them self blow through mine ran like stock perfect idle no idle air controll. And i would get hpx pmas from VMP tuning. Florida based company. Check out their web site.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thanks for the info. Were you using Nistune with those using the VQ map here, or one which you put together yourself?

VMP HPX sensors are labeled FoMoCo which essentially makes them a Ford item. Part #9M03-H388E is on the one I have here.

My current piping post turbo is on average 2.25" so unless I get a better tube (2.5" min) these are setup as suck through (3" setup preturbo) for my testing in the meantime
that guy

Post by that guy »

the map is in their
Attachments
day of race.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 157 times