.BIN files?

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

chau

.BIN files?

Post by chau »

Hi guys, I recently purchased Nistune and finally got it hooked up to my s14 sr20. My question is, in the manual, it states to load the address file and then open the image (BIN) file. Now later on the manual, it says type 3 real time boards do not need the image file. So should I just open the address file and start tuning from there? Sorry for the newb question, just don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks
s200rat

Re: .BIN files?

Post by s200rat »

you'll need to load a bin file from somewhere to get something to tune from.

so to start you load the correct address file (which tells nistune where to look and limits for parameters) and then you will need to load the actual ecu data (the bin file) from somewhere. You would normally do this directly from the ECU. So press F8 to sync with the ECU and you want to read from the Ecu. That will pull all the information nistune needs from the bin file on th ecu. I would save a copy of the bin to desk top at this point to ensure you have a back up. Tune the car, save a new version of the bin to desktop for future referance, then you want to burn the new bin to the eprom.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: .BIN files?

Post by Matt »

Board comes preloaded with a BIN file already, so you can sync the maps from that

However install the ROM pack. When you copy just the maps from the ECU (with sync) you dont get the whole BIN. Nistune looks for the ROM pack and then puts the maps downloaded into the file matching in the ROM pack and keeps these together when you save your tune to disk