NIStune 0.91 available

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

NIStune 0.91 available

Post by Matt »

Okay this release has a fair few bug fixes in it. Now available for download from the release area. Updated the bug fix spreadsheet in this directory too to indicate remaining issues/enhancements

I've still got the TechEdge disconnect issues to resolve, and make the Extended Consult more tolerant of dodgy serial data too. This will happen in the next few days

Big items are
- AFR / Auxillary logging now performed in the background
- Fast playback for getting logs out
- Dual emulator(tuner version only) and dual wideband
- Map highlighting, cursor mark/follow on grid view

I'm still working on the O2 feedback flags etc at this stage so that wont work 100% yet
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've had some emails this morning about registration issues with this version. Have confirmed this is the case and will put a fix and an upissue release tonight
Matt
Site Admin

NIStune 0.9102 replacement

Post by Matt »

Okay I have fixed up the registration issues so should now be all good. Please let me know if there are any more problems with that. Tested it on two separate PCs with various keys just to make sure

Peoples individual licenses are now being properly enforced

- USB consult
- Emulator
- Extended Consult / Nissan Consult

Tuner version has all three of the above

If there are any discrepencies with what you expect to work and what is currently functioning as part of your license, pls email me and let me know

thanks
Matt

ps.

Also registration expiring will notify you 10 days in advance when it is getting closer to upgrade to a new version
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

All working looks GREAT, very pleased so far :)
Vetal

Post by Vetal »

Logger acting extremely strange for me... like when I write log, then replay, it clears lists of registers, and then when I reopen the file (or open another, don't remember) it erases contents of the file, leaving only timestamps
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay I'll have a look at that tonight. I've been working a lot on the recording/logging items

Bascially when you have a consult / wideband feed it should show all the available sensors in the drop down lists

These will be available when you record. After you record... if you hit the play button it should pick up all the recorded sensors and readd them to the lists and then use them for playback. I'll try it out again
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Well now we have another version up tonight 0.9103

Logging record/playback switching is now fixed. Sorry about that :-(

I noticed that the O2 flag display isn't currently working on the grid either when you tick the box.

That section to do with displaing values against various flag filters is still work in progress. I had to sync the values up the top of the graphic display with what was selected at the cursor and require a bit of a code rewrite
Vetal

Post by Vetal »

Another issue I had.
I select multiple values in map, change them (with +/- keys). then I record log file. then I switch back to map (selection remains), press -/+ but nothing changes on the map, although status bar says "uploaded ...".
If I close the map and reopen, I can see that values really changed.
not a critical issue though :)
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

I have been playing with the moates emulator, and it seems if i upload a 16kb file the NIStune sends a 32K file causing the vehicle not to run. I had to use a different program to upload to the emulator in the first place, to get the car running. When I then downloaded the file to nistune it downloaded fine. Next I tried to change the AFM and injectors using nistune, and no changes were apparent, i am not sure its being updated. There were no map traces either, I presume this should work?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

When using the emulator, open up the file for the vehicle which matches the ROM size. For example if you have a CA18 then use the S13_CA18_128_E.adr file in the 16K address file directory

The 128 = 16K x 8 bit and 256 = 32K x 8 bit

This will configure the upload size for 16K and should upload to the top 16K (27C128) of the 32K (27C256) emulator rather than the bottom 16K

The 32K files are for using with the Type 1 NIStune boards since these have the NIStune firmware loaded in the top 16K

Map tracing will not work for any ECUs listed for Type 1 boards. You will need to use a Type 1 board to get maptracing because our firmware adds a consult table and the smarts to get that data out over the consult table

Vetal - Looks like a grid refresh issue. I'll have a look at it tonight along with the O2/Knock highlighting
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

ahh ok any chance of a type1 board working with the MA09ERT yet?
Vetal

Post by Vetal »

Talking about 16/32K: I assume I can split the 32K file from Nistune, and burn first 16K on EPROM chip, or am I wrong?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

You can burn a 16K from NIStune...

What you can do is start with the 32K NIStune ROM file then load your factory file into NIStune, then sync the maps from ECU into that file, then change address file to the 16K CA18 one then save the ROM. it should save it as a 16K ROM file with your updated maps in it

If programming into 27C256 remember to put the ROM image in the top 16K of the chip (4000-7FFF)

Sorry Ed I have it on my list but not done yet. I know I promised this ages ago but this Type 4 / ER34 ECU has been holding me up for two weeks as I try and get it working. Its being my highest priority as well as getting a lot of software fixes out of the way. Just keep bugging me as its going to take several nights to work out
Vetal

Post by Vetal »

Actually I've written utility that splits 32K file in two 16K, so if Nistune writes data to upper or lower 16K, it'll be easy :)
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

Ok matt. Ill have another play with this later. Pete has been helping my allot with the ST addresses etc, so when your board is ready I'm hopeful that most of the address locations will be known already.