problem downloading new Nistune version

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Two40sPlease

problem downloading new Nistune version

Post by Two40sPlease »

This is what it tells me while trying to install new version

an error occured while trying to replace the existing file,
deletefile failed; code 5 access is denied

then says abort retry and ignore...

whats up with this.

Also my Innovate wideband synced up to nistune on old versions and this latest one Ive been lympin along without this capabuility and its starting to really piss me off haha.

If I could please have some help.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: problem downloading new Nistune version

Post by Matt »

deletefile failed; code 5 access is denied
Stop the current Nistune running in the background whilst installing the new one. It cant remove the old file
this latest one Ive been lympin along without this capabuility
Which innovate unit are you using? I had LM-2 working upto 0.10.2 until it smoked but been testing LC-1 on 0.10.5 okay this week.
Two40sPlease

Post by Two40sPlease »

Innovate LM1, I'll try and see is that helps when I'm home later but I'm pretty sure nistune was not open when I tried to download it. The wideband window comes up but it freezes nistune an I have to use the task manager to shut it down and restart. Maybe its fixed in the new version.
Two40sPlease

Post by Two40sPlease »

Ok nistune updated but..
Ive got a new issue Matt, when I hook up the plms usb cable to my windows XP PC, it wants to install new hardware for the plms usb consult cable. The wizzard opens then then it says the file ftdibus.sys driver disk is needed and to type the path where it is located. It then says copy files from ne\plms_usb_consult_2000_xp_vista_drivers\i386. I hit Ok and low and behold it beeps at me and doesn't do anything.

I'm stuck with a car that's not working right now, I don't wanna wine but it seems everytime nistune makes me update I loose features and stuff stops working. First I lost the fuel decel cut tables, then my wideband and now I can't even connect to nistune. ahhhggh please help me.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Did you plug into a different USB port? Sometimes windows wants to reinstall drivers for a particular USB port even though it already has drivers there

This is the folder to use. It hasnt changed for quite a few versions
[url]C:\Program Files\NIStune\FTDI_Win2K_XP_Vista_Drivers[/url]

We have put in there the latest FTDI drivers

In regards to the issues with 0.10.x version this was definitely something which had a lot of changes and got released too early because of the expiry of the previous version... it wont happen again! I've only got left issues with logging on the 0.10.5 at the moment (and UEGO not showing proper values). I'm finishing those up this weekend.
Two40sPlease

Post by Two40sPlease »

Matt thats what im putting in there but it will not except it and install the driver. Ive tried all the usb ports, it worked before i installed new version:( im stuck
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

What does it say? Error message?

Are you browsing manually for the driver? See details here:
http://nistune.com/docs/NIStune_Driver_ ... _Guide.pdf

What is showing up in device manager?

You should see PLMS USB Consult cable under 'USB devices' which should not have a (!) against it. If so then browse manually for the driver and reinstall. Also same for 'COM' port which appears when you plug in the cable
Two40sPlease

Post by Two40sPlease »

I seemed to have gotten it fixed, I went back and reinstalled the Nistune Program and I guess it properly installed the consult cable drivers the secon go around. Wideband feature is working now too. Thankyou for your help Matt.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Excellent. The installer reinstalls the drivers into windows (if tickbox enabled) on the PC now