Nistune 0.10 Release

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

RomChip200

Re: Nistune 0.10 Release

Post by RomChip200 »

Matt, here is the debug log file of 0.9.14.22, BT COM connection, 2 attempts:
nistune-0602-2225.log
(5.6 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
modulation

Post by modulation »

I formated my netbook drive, and reinstalled 0.9.14.22
And to my surprise when I try to connect to the wideband it still crashes.
I've tried 2 different serial adapters and they don't even have to be connected. It just crashes.
This is with Innovative MTS.

Is that "re-release" not the same as the original release?
Can you re-release 0.9.14.21? Where there any changes between it and 0.9.14.22 that would explain why connection to wb02 crashes nistune?

Edit:
Upgraded to newest release again, and got RPMs to show up.
Not sure what did it, but what I did was:
1. sync ecu to computer, saved ecu sync
2. went to consult registers, unchecked rpm (reference and normal)
then clicked ok. This sort of caused nistune to hang for a sec, so I disconnected from consult. Then I selected the consult registers and selected the tick box from rpm and rpm ref again. I think connected to consult and the rpms were showing again.

Not sure if any of that helps, but just being as detailed as possible incase it does.
The newest release works perfectly for me now except the afr tracer showing a whole number (only sometimes) instead of an average, but in some cells it does show a decimal number.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Is that "re-release" not the same as the original release?
It should be the same code that was from my backups however I will check the innovate code against my repository today and see if there were any changes as backups were a few weeks after that release. Main issue was my repository holds changes but for some reason I didnt tag that release in there so some of the other files had code changes for the 0.10 version that I started working on

As for the average issue this has been fixed (was using integer rather than decimal for the average storage)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I need a debug log for the RPM issue. Given that you are uninstalling/reinstalling after a complete reformat (which shouldnt be necessary) and still having the issue its not just a one PC glitch which is good

I'll try my other PCs out and see if I can repeat from going from .22 to 0.10 on those with the same RPM issue. Will go through the code also and see why it is not marked as valid. Something to do with being the first sensor
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

I'm not alone pushing the limits of Nistune ! :lol:
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Log below:
20:26:04.468 AutoFindConsult(): Attempting connection
20:26:04.468 statusbar: AttemptConnect(): Connecting to COM1 attempt 1
20:26:04.468 ConsultSM(): Connect(): Consult: Connecting to COM1
20:26:04.468 ConsultSM(): Connect(): GetCommState
20:26:04.468 CConsultSM::Connect() - Failed to get comstate: The handle is invalid.
Windows could use the device after opening the port using CreateFile() command. It returned an invalid COM state back to the software. Not much I can do but try and continue on... also probably need to purchase one of these now ...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I formated my netbook drive, and reinstalled 0.9.14.22
And to my surprise when I try to connect to the wideband it still crashes.
Seeing it here also with that re-release. Its not the exact code since I didnt record that version in my repository before doing the updates towards 0.10 versions which I'm now regretting. Anyway will more forwards with finishing up the fixes for the the 0.10.4 updates
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay I've blown up my LM2 so testing has stopped with this unit for tonight :(

FYI if you are running this on a bench and lose the ground connection, it will take the next ground via the USB port and fry that instead and all the circuitry inside

Fortunately USB port on the laptop is still okay (even though shut down laptop)

0.10.4 Available tonight
Log player wideband/consult connect and disconnect handing improvements
Average in wideband input tracer fix to view decimal points
Add battery parameter display back for Type 1 boards
User adjustable COM port timeouts during scanning and ability to select bluetooth devices
Fix for not reading RPM if not selected in consult registers
Blank out unused consult gauges in Consult View
Maptracing checking for older consult log file playback
Force default selection or display none in conuslt log player sensor selection
Continue on failure to GetCommState() with consult connection for devices reporting issues
Fix for Consult Raw Data View formatting
Fix for multiple message boxes and disconnection after consult ROM download
Fix for Max needle on gauges displayed incorrectly
Still to fix since the 0.9.14.22 release:
- RPM displaying 0 on some PCs (Z32 ECU). Please confirm if still an issue (suspect it will be and need debug logs)
- Named AUX sensors in the CSV files are not being displayed.
- AFR vs RPM graph
- AFM trigger voltage
- Blank line in log player with different Innovate sensors (cant check this now...)

Any other issues let me know but I think I've covered the rest in this thread with this version
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Matt wrote:
Log below:
20:26:04.468 AutoFindConsult(): Attempting connection
20:26:04.468 statusbar: AttemptConnect(): Connecting to COM1 attempt 1
20:26:04.468 ConsultSM(): Connect(): Consult: Connecting to COM1
20:26:04.468 ConsultSM(): Connect(): GetCommState
20:26:04.468 CConsultSM::Connect() - Failed to get comstate: The handle is invalid.
Windows could use the device after opening the port using CreateFile() command. It returned an invalid COM state back to the software. Not much I can do but try and continue on... also probably need to purchase one of these now ...
OK but other Consult softwares work without any problem .... and remember, the connection to Innovate over BT works in Nistune, it means you handle the COM port for Consult differently ...
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

0.10.4 ..... Log player/recorder has not a perfect behaviour. The parameters selected on the right are not always kept upon the next restart of Nistune ...
And more:

1) pressing the record button ... recording not starting sometimes ...
Nistune 0.10.4_1.JPG
(163.9 KiB) Downloaded 3192 times
2) record ongoing after a restart of Nistune, fine
Nistune 0.10.4_2.JPG
(197.27 KiB) Downloaded 3192 times
3) trying to access configuration panel whereas both LC1 and COnsult are connected
Nistune 0.10.4_3.JPG
(161.42 KiB) Downloaded 3192 times
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

4) switching off the engine without having disconnected first:
Nistune 0.10.4_4.JPG
(171.5 KiB) Downloaded 3192 times
modulation

Post by modulation »

RomChip200 wrote:4) switching off the engine without having disconnected first:
Wait that worked at some point? I just never do that.. :-)
(Disconnect first)

Matt,
10.4 indeed fixed the average view on the afr tracer.

Only bug I've noticed in 10.4 is that I use to move the red line on the log player to where I wanted to start playing the log. This no longer works, it just plays at the begging of the screen or where-ever.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

OK but other Consult softwares work without any problem .... and remember, the connection to Innovate over BT works in Nistune, it means you handle the COM port for Consult differently ...
Actually Innovate handles that. We just call the DLL to connect and then it sends us events for sensors, errors, disconnect etc

Unfortunately due to the white smoke coming out of the LM-2 I didnt get to finish testing. So this morning swapped over the LC-1 in my R34 to the Pure Plus (now get a LED screen on the dash..) so I can put the LC-1 on the bench to sort this disconnect issue out

Yeah I noticed that log error last night also running different machine so already on it...
0.10.4 ..... Log player/recorder has not a perfect behaviour. The parameters selected on the right are not always kept upon the next restart of Nistune ...
Log parameters are kept ... unless you start the logger without any sensors (ie no consult or wideband) and then it will reset to first available sensor. Will have another look of the behavior (my only other option is to leave it blank and <none> if the sensors are not there)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

3) trying to access configuration panel whereas both LC1 and COnsult are connected
4) switching off the engine without having disconnected first:
Not seeing either of these crashes here unfortunately

Configuration:
PLMS (FTDI) consult cable
Aten (Prolific) USB-serial converter to Innovate LC-1
(Currently running S14 KA24DE in tuner and stream mode with T4 board fitted)

Since you are disconnecting both at the same time with the log player going I need to round down what exactly is causing your crash. I suspect its the Innovate DLL crashing because of the rescanning of ports in File-Config as well as the disconnect

Will this occur on your machine if you only have the wideband connected and then pull the power? Does it happen if the log player isnt open? Ie trying to work out if its only when the Wideband windows + Innovate MTS is running

The other thing to test is the Innovate supplied MTS SDK VB sample. Download the Innovate SDK here:
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/supp ... KSetup.zip

Once you install you will see the sample app in there. If you do the same test and this crashes then its a MTS.DLL installation issue on the machine. I've seen this before. The DLL crashes and takes down whatever application is calling it. I've had this sample app crash and when this occours I know its not a software problem on this end

With regards to consult disconnection and crashing, I've looked through error and disconnect code in the 0.10.4 version and identified where things which are called from a thread shouldnt be called directly. This would have previously caused a crash (updating windows objects on the screen from a thread will cause crashes for example)

Also if it is innovate then interested to know version of logworks DLL used
C:\Program Files\LogWorks3\mts.dll
(My version is 3.0.4.2)

Just noticed that the one currently in the Nistune folder is 3.0.4.0

<edit>
Just had it finally die with logging, MTS and consult going after 10 minutes. See if I can repeat again whilst in debugger
<update again>
Problem might have been an issue with string reading whilst having raw view open since I had an exception whilst leaving that running for a while
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Also if it is innovate then interested to know version of logworks DLL used
C:\Program Files\LogWorks3\mts.dll
(My version is 3.0.4.2)

Just noticed that the one currently in the Nistune folder is 3.0.4.0
The same. I just replaced the Nistune one with new one for a try.

Btw, the debug log doesn't work anymore, I ticked the option, restart Nistune .... at least the file is not in Logs directory, maybe elsewhere .... cannot provide you a debug log trying to connect over BT.

Will do further tests in 2 days, cannot this we.
but i'm not mad with the errors i observed :roll: