Nistune 0.10 Release

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Nistune 0.10 Release

Post by Matt »

Hi Guram - those posts probably shouldnt be in this thread as its just releated to issues in the 0.10.x version. What you have is a connection issue and after checking grounds - send me a debug log and I can tell you if the data is getting corrupted. What consult cable are you using?
_in Consult data display panel, interpreted values are wrongly displayed (no spacing)
Okay now this makes sense - you were talking 'consult raw register display' when I was thinking you were talking about the consult view panel.... will look at that one tonight. Just a formatting issue with the printing
select my LC1 (LAFR) and "average" view in the cells where it's tracing it'll show a whole number like 12.00
Looks like its converting to integer during the average process. That should be a quick fix
Tonight I lost again a log file and then a running session
Thanks for the steps. Will repeat and locate the issue
Note2: I go many bluescreens with this version (IRQ ... LESS) or ser2pl.sys error then that makes the testing phase exhausting ... PC reboot takes a while
I'm going to blame your drivers here... this doesnt happen with FTDI. Once my cables arrive then I can repeat on the bench. I will try with the Aten cable this weekend on my LC-1 in the interim but will put the fix in 10.4. JIT debugging error was probably in 'debug' mode for that rebuild
5) Btw, what's this blank line in 0.10.3
Dont know havent seen that yet. I've got an OBD-II cable here now so will put some more inputs into my LM-2 and see if I can repeat that one here. What happens if you select that blank sensor?
4) 0.10.3 RPM always 0 ... I re-selected RPM everywhere, without success, am I dumb !?
Dont know why that is happening. Seen it in your logs also. Have you tried uninstall/reinstall? Suspect consult register is not being selected properly. Other option is unselect - connect to consult (no RPM) and then reselect and connect again and see if it appears then (Check consult display in the meantime)
DVS JEZ

Post by DVS JEZ »

i have noticed you guys talking about different drivers for the PLMS cable(i think) that you have tried for 10.3.

are the drivers for the PLMS cable? where do i find the drivers in question to try?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Drivers discussed above with problems are for Prolific cables not the PLMS (FTDI) ones. Latest drivers for PLMS ones are included with the 10.x releases already
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Well, some news:

0.10.3:
the blank line was RO2 (Lambda RHS), it appeared miraculously when I unselect-reselect everything to get RPM<>0
I got RPM<>0 two times by chance, I ticked everywhere bu I don't knwo what's the trick to get it in all cases.
Unselect-reselect RPM and untick-tick RPM in log player, disconnect-reconnect Consult is not enough in my cases, I didn't point out the exact procedure.
Bluescreens related to Prolific drivers (2.0.0.26) don't seem to appear with this version even if sometimes the overall USB detection in PC is frozen if I play too much with the cables (frequent unplugs-plugs) ==> the only solution is reboot.
I even manage to get PC in standby mode with Nistune in background, cables kept plugged in. On the next resume, connections are successful with Nistune.

Here is a lucky log with RPM<>0 in 0.10.3:
NIStune_2011-06-02_1419_11.csv
(237.63 KiB) Downloaded 133 times

Rerelease 0.9.14.22:
Unhandled exception with Innovate for all attempts.

Original 0.9.14.22:
Many bluescreens due to Prolific for sure. But RPM is perfect in all cases.

Parani SD100 BT serial converters (two in my case):
I'm switching to these devices for Consult and Innovate.
It works now fine with generic Consult program and NissanDataScan (Ztalk too ....). My problem was due to CTS signal wired to DTR to have a working ConZult. Even with HW handshake off, it seems disturbing for the BT converter. Since I just wired RXD, TXD and GND, that works fine @9600bauds.
But Consult BT COM port doesn't work with Nistune whatever the version is !!!
With 0.10.3, this is logic, you removed bluetooth COM ports deliberately. But I found a trick doing the COM configuration with a previous version and restarting 0.10.3 version just after, even if it doesn't work afterwards.
With 0.9.14.22, both BT COM ports are detected and selected accordingly. Innovate works fine over BT but again, not Consult !!!! (remember it works with some others programs, then the problem is Nistune)

PLEASE re-enable the BT COM ports in next version, I need them.

Overall, I would say Parani SD100 BT devices work really fine, better than my Prolific cables.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

PLEASE re-enable the BT COM ports in next version, I need them.
Overall, I would say Parani SD100 BT devices work really fine, better than my Prolific cables.
Will have to make this an option.... just for you :wink:

There is no way I'm reenabling bluetooth by default as many laptops come with it from the factory and it freezes the scanning process on computers I've seen so far (including my $2 USB plug in device which takes scanning to a grand total of 2 minutes in Nistune and LogWorks)

I'm not going to look into the re-release issue since I'm covering all the issues in 0.10.4 and going to release that. Spent about 5 hours so far on the logger with connecting wideband/consult, disconnecting, playing whilst connected, playing whilst recording etc getting all the combinations handled properly. Its working well for Type 1 ... time to switch to Type 2 (Z32) and test with that now
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Matt, wouldn't you have some memory leaks ?

I found something strange trying to investigate the RPM 0 story.
I was with version 0.10.2 and Prolific cables (the same with 0.10.3 below).
In not connected mode, a strange name appeared in the log player, this is the name of one of my LC1s I defined in Logworks3 in this afternoon !!! (no PC reboot)
I noticed also that switching from stream mode to tuner mode for COnsult allows me to have RPM<>0 in all cases.
Then, going back to stream mode keeps RPM<>0

0.10.2 not connected, strange name coming from Logworks3:
Nistune 0.10.2_namestrange1.JPG
(159.12 KiB) Downloaded 3180 times
0.10.2, once connected with Consult:
Nistune 0.10.2_namestrange2.JPG
(162.54 KiB) Downloaded 3180 times
0.10.2, engine running, once connected with Innovate:
Nistune 0.10.2_namestrange3.JPG
(165.3 KiB) Downloaded 3180 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

No memory leaks as such (you can watch this in Task Manager and see if it creeps up). I've checked for these on most windows and during wideband/consult during the initial testing several weeks ago

What you are seeing is the previously recorded description being pulled out and displayed. This shouldnt happen with the recent updates I've been doing (tonight)

I've added a tickbox to enable bluetooth ports also in File-Config just then also...
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

0.10.3, not connected, unselecting everything:
Nistune 0.10.3_namestrange1.JPG
(159.33 KiB) Downloaded 3178 times
0.10.3, once connected, default parameter listed in log player becomes MAF, why isn't it RPM because RPM is the first in the list ... MAF is the second:
Nistune 0.10.3_namestrange2.JPG
(160.79 KiB) Downloaded 3178 times
0.10.4, not connected, what should this blank line correspond to ? (btw, this is the first position in the list) don't you think these observations are linked to my RPM 0 trouble ? :
Nistune 0.10.3_namestrange3.JPG
(155.32 KiB) Downloaded 3178 times
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Matt wrote:What you are seeing is the previously recorded description being pulled out and displayed. This shouldnt happen with the recent updates I've been doing (tonight)
But the description name has been set with Logworks3, not Nistune .... how does Nistune manage to retrieve this name "DRVbank_PASo2" ?????
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Matt wrote: I've added a tickbox to enable bluetooth ports also in File-Config just then also...
Ok, fine but do you have an idea why Nistune Consult doesn't work over BT converter (I'm referencing to 0.9.14.22 version here, Nistune Innovate works over BT converter in this version but not Nistune Consult !) whereas other generic Consult programs do ?
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

RomChip200 wrote:I noticed also that switching from stream mode to tuner mode for COnsult allows me to have RPM<>0 in all cases.
Then, going back to stream mode keeps RPM<>0
I forgot to tell it becomes zero again on the next relaunch of Nistune ..... :evil:

Matt, do you see a reason of such behavior ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

_in Consult data display panel, interpreted values are wrongly displayed (no spacing)
select my LC1 (LAFR) and "average" view in the cells where it's tracing it'll show a whole number like 12.00
Tonight I lost again a log file and then a running session
Btw, what's this blank line in 0.10.3
Maptracing on log playback with only TP (not TP IDX) verified working
The above have been fixed now
Nistune Consult doesn't work over BT converter
Not sure. Will need a debug log from 0.9.14.22 version with a consult connection attempt in it so I can look at the data
I forgot to tell it becomes zero again on the next relaunch of Nistune ....
I dont understand what you are trying to say here? RPM becomes zero next build?? Something to do with RPM being first sensor I'm thinking but not sure why only on your machine. Running Z32 ECU here stream/tuner mode here and cant repeat that one. Can I grab a debug log for this one also? 3am... calling it for tonight. All the necessary changes are in, just need to try out extra sensors on the innovate unit tomorrow
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

why isn't it RPM because RPM is the first in the list ... MAF is the second:
Because it thinks RPM isnt a 'valid' parameter which its why its not showing up anywhere. If its not a valid parameter then it doesnt get selected

Need to work out why its not including RPM as a valid first sensor (does it show up 'RPM' in your consult list tickbox?)

Have you done uninstall / reinstall to clear out the old registry values?
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Matt wrote:(does it show up 'RPM' in your consult list tickbox?)
Always.
Matt wrote: Have you done uninstall / reinstall to clear out the old registry values?
Will do definitively.

Regarding RPM always 0, I wanted to say when I manage to get it <>0, if I quit Nistune and start it again, it's 0 again ...
modulation

Post by modulation »

I'm having same problems.
I downgraded to the last stable release, and then whenever I clicked to turn on my wb02 nistune crashed. (Old program was probably trying to use wbo2 data from new release?)
Then I said ok lets try new version again, but with new versio now rpm show up as 0 or intermittently as 3200rpm (nothing else).

I then uninstalled everything, deleted the nistune directory in program files, and deleted this nistune directory in my documents. Then I reinstalled the old version. I haven't tried it yet.
If it doesn't work now is there anywhere else nistune stores data? If not I'll just format the drive and reinstall windows/nistune from scratch, because the old version worked perfectly before I upgraded to the new version.

Its 100% my fault for switching to the new version when the old one ran fine. Teaches me to be on the bleeding edge once again.

EDIT: After I deleted nistune folder in program files, and nistune folder in my documents, and downgraded to stable version it still crashed upon trying to connect to my wb02.
Upgraded to the latest, and wbo2 connection works fine, but rpm's still show up as 0. Going to reformat drive and reinstall windows and install old stable version again.