rb25 z32 ecu. first timer need some help

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

ursin

rb25 z32 ecu. first timer need some help

Post by ursin »

ok guys need some help here. i've been following the guides as closely as possible but i need some help with some things. heres a run down of my set up

rb25det series 2 in a s13 240sx
z32 ecu with type 2 board
detschworks 740cc side feed injectors
garret gt3582r turbo
z32 maf

what i have done so far is run a map from a local tuner onto the ecu, which was for a rb25det with z32 maf and stock turbo and injectors. so far i just changed injector sizes. i can get the car to fire up but cold starts its terrible. runs pig rich untill its warm.

at normal operating temp it will idle fairly smoothly after playing with the injector latency at around 14.5-15 ish afr. the problem is i can still hear the motor poping and afterfiring, every 10 seconds or so you can watch the exhaust and it gets a puff of smoke and just dosen't sounds smooth at all.
i can rev the motor freely up and it sounds good like its running smooth but after letting off the gas it wants to die out. ive taken the car on a short drive and on low load/crusing it seems to be ok. i absolutely haven't broughten it into any boost at all yet. i know what i need to be doing is messing with the k constant to achieve optimal afrs at crusing but i just feel like its not even running its best at idle and very low load yet. its probably such a broad question but if anyone has any tips for me i would greatly appreciate it. thanks!
TM_S13

Re: rb25 z32 ecu. first timer need some help

Post by TM_S13 »

how have you adjusted the K constant?
you need to adjust it too since most of the times the Nistune function will get the car good enough for it to run, but adjusting is needed. not hard to do.
as for the cold start... you might need to adjust those tables to suit.