Aircon?

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Fusion Ed

Aircon?

Post by Fusion Ed »

Some ECUs disconnect aircon under full throttle. I believe RNN14 is one of these, along with P11 etc. is it possible to find where these would be and change their values? my idea being that it could be used for another purpose.

Is it also possible to force/trick the ecu to jump into the second knock map etc which could have a fuel/ignition map for example for other fuels?

Ed
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

It would be possible to find it, and there have been others who have found spare outputs that can be controlled from ECU code. However it is very ECU specific (dependent on model/rev) that we haven't started looking into this.

Another option is to used memory mapped I/O and updated firmware on the board to drive outputs directly from the board. This is a lot more portable and can be controlled easier. However its currently not in scope of the project because of the amount of changes (firmware, logic and board changes to support output) required. May consider it in the future

You could change the flag manually to force to use the second map, but would also need to deactivate where this was being set. Once again it is ECU specific, so you would need to hand modify the code. NIStune code injection follows some generic rules which are common between ECUs
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

OK thanks there is much more to get to grips with before I really play at this level :)