K and void time "calibration"

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

ByReaL

K and void time "calibration"

Post by ByReaL »

readed in NIStune documentation about how you can calibrate the K and void time values by, puting same value (i think i have puted 0) in all the map cels, and then start to adjust the K and void time untill your wideband unit reads 14.7 no mather what the cell it is in.

did that, played with ttp min max also, and no result, my engine runs smooth but i could not calibrate K and void time this way.

CA18DET + Z32 MAF + 720cc + GT2871R

K: 270
void: 100
* Got CA18DET Love
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

you will not get 14.7 exactly but try and change k so you can seem to get around this. it is the best way so far i can see trying to get the K constant right when i was changing injectors over for an unknown size

then i put the maps back to normal and check on/off boost afrs were getting close to the original map (with o2 feedback off)

anyone else with extra thoughts on this please jump in
ByReaL

Post by ByReaL »

i do not know realy how the K and void time afect the values on the map, but from what i noticed they afect all the values on the map up or down, i need something to "rotate" a bit the map

my problem is that:
1) at ~idle the software shows 17 AFR and the wideband unit reports ~15
2 at max rpm TP the software shows 9 AFR , but the wideband reports ~11

so is something like lowering the low tp and rpm corner and raising the higher tp and rpm corner of the map,
Attachments
map.JPG
(18.91 KiB) Downloaded 1421 times
* Got CA18DET Love
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

the values on the map are at best a theoretical calculation of what Nissan determined the AFR should be around.

the fuel maps should be regarded as a pulsewidth adjustment (in addition to all other calculations)

there has been some discussion about this on the Ztech ECU forums