Problems with rb20 ecu running rb25

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

crans

Problems with rb20 ecu running rb25

Post by crans »

I have an rb20 ecu running my rb25 with an external vtc controller. The car is very very sluggish when cold.
Just got my laptop back and finally was able to plug in and checkout what is going on. Timing when sluggish is at 7 deg's i dont think this is right. I noticed some of the timing tables look all fu*ked up.

Can some one post up the stock rb25 map transplant for rb20 ecu. I want to resync my ecu and see if it fixes up these tables.

Cheers for the help
PL

Re: Problems with rb20 ecu running rb25

Post by PL »

Here ya go.

PL
Attachments
R32_transplanted_R33maps2_full.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
nanook

Post by nanook »

Hey I'm having this issue with rb20det ecu, this only happened after i synced the main and knock fuel maps.
After i synced i noticed the cold start excessive ignition retard problem and noticed the ignition retard table had changed from stock.
After playing around i can see that the knock map and ignition retard are somehow affecting each other, or at least they are for me.
PL

Post by PL »

Can't say I've ever seen mods to one map affect another map, but maybe Matt could add something there.

The only tip I can offer is to make sure you don't have any blank maps/tables. I HAVE seen this give really screwy timing figures on a Z32 once. Just go through each map/table and check for any that are full of "F's" (which usually gives the value 255 in all cells. When they're blank they don't go to 0's - they go to 1's.

Sometimes you'll get tables like the TP Load Limit that people want set to max, but most of them should have credible data in them. If you see all values maxxed out then find out why.

If in doubt post your bin and a log so others can examine the data.

PL
nanook

Post by nanook »

PL

If I load the stock factory rom for my ecu HCR32 04U12

open "rpm cold timing subtract" and "ignition retard TP"

open "fuel knock map"

Now "adjust ignition retard" values to 0 and click on knock map you will see a change only in a certain area.

Now "rpm cold timing subtract" values to 0 and click on knock map it will change a different area of the knock map.

If this is just happening for me fine that's cool but i would like to correctly understand why

So if i was to sync my modified main fuel map to my knock map then these "rpm cold timing subtract" and "ignition retard TP" tables change instantly as long as the changes occurred in the areas of the knock map that are somehow linked to these other tables.
PL

Post by PL »

Yikes!!!! I see what you mean.

That's a nasty bug. I'll get Matt onto it...

PL
crans

Post by crans »

Here are 2 pics of the screwed up maps
RPMColdTiming.jpg
(88.73 KiB) Downloaded 2888 times
IgnRetardvsTP.jpg
(81.67 KiB) Downloaded 2888 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

same bug as here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1614

overlapped tables with knock ignition timing table

HCR32 doesnt have those tables mentioned in the thread. need to be removed from base address file. I've made the changes and will upload again this week
crans

Post by crans »

Hey Matt that last update has knocked out one problem but one map is still getting screwed up.
RPMColdTiming2.jpg
(43.6 KiB) Downloaded 2850 times