Skyline boards

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Bernardd

Skyline boards

Post by Bernardd »

I've got a buddy with a 90 GTR that I'll be tuning in May. Do you have anything ready for this ecu? Can I move my board to his ecu or do we need a new board?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

in the next release of NIStune I will have maptracing for consult working (will test on my SR20 and RB20 ecus)

you will have a modified GTR address file posted to this forum with TPREF value added. you should be able to use a pocket romulator and standard consult cable to perform tuning on these cars. no nistune board is needed.

there however will be a small (and cheaper) board made for these cars with just the NVRAM component (containing modified ECU image) and some logic. it will remove the need for the romulator and all tuning can be done through the consult port.

as most people have a romulator at this stage i haven't put too much time into the board yet. it will be for those people who like to keep the ecu in the kick panel

the prototype board worked with Dallas NVRAM but the NVRAM chips im are having a few probs in regards to STORE/RECOVER. Needs a little more work done to it. Its my second priority after getting consult working again in NIStune
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

Where do I find the standard consult cable? Are you willing to supply the software to try or does he need to buy it? I would be the only one using it as he's deathly allergic to pc's. 8)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

just use your registered trial copy. the next software version will be 'soon' i havent worked on it in last few days

standard consult cable is used.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

last night i found an error in the eXtended Consult code in nistune and a hardware design issue on the R32 NVRAM boards i am prototying

I've fixed the hardware design issue and are in the process of fixing the consult code up in NIStune. it looks like the R32/Z32 NVRAM boards should be available not too far away (once I have got the final boards designed and placed an order for NVRAM chips)