Troubleshooting Based on Results

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

JustJay

Troubleshooting Based on Results

Post by JustJay »

Further to my previous post I am having no luck getting the Nistune R32 ecu to run anywhere close to normal on my R33. Stock R33 ecu actually runs very well.
In my previous post I outlined how I downloaded everything from the stock ecu with Nistune but get a MAF voltage error of 314V when trying to import those. Can Nistune download correctly from the R33 Hitachi chipset?
I am trying to figure out where to start to diagnose the problem. Any typical things that would work fine on stock but not on Nistune?
Car: R33 GTST
FMIC, Walboro, slightly larger turbo, new plugs, new coil packs, wideband, decat pipe, 3” exhaust turbo back, all new fluids and filters, fresh tank of gas. And unrelated but new timing belt and water pump.
Recently cleaned IACV and MAF. Tested MAF with meter and it works.
Result: Car hard to start, needs fuel. Once started idle is 2000rpm and AFR’s are 12’ish. I adjusted TIM and latency and could get idle down to about 1200rpm and AFR’s at 14.8. If I then rev steady toward 3000rpm it chokes and nearly stalls at 2000rpm. If I snap throttle to get past 2000 I can easily raise or lower revving so long as I stay above 2000.
Drop stock ecu back in and everything runs pretty well.
I have spoken with a local Nistune tuner and he figures that it is not mechanical or electrical but that’s about as far as we got.
Anyone have any thoughts?
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Troubleshooting Based on Results

Post by Matt »

Referencing previous post
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3883

I've put a reply in there about mixing up BIN from different ECU. Start with the matching base image from the ROM pack as per that thread

So stock MAF and injectors? AFM should read about 0.5V key on and about 1V engine running

If you are stock injectors/MAF then TIM should be 512 (unadjusted) and no changes to latency

Need a log file once you have loaded in the R32 RB25DET base file