R33 AFM Volt Error

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

JustJay

R33 AFM Volt Error

Post by JustJay »

Hi All,

I’ve had my Nistune for a few years but due to personal matters just getting to it now. I am having a hard time getting it running smooth so thought I would pull data from stock R33 ecu (which runs great) and import into R33 FP bin. When using the R32 with supplied base map MAF voltage in Consult is 0.5V. When I import R33 data i get an AFM voltage error and MAF reads 314.5V.
Only non-standard items on car are slightly larger turbo and a FMIC.
I tested MAF and it meters out fine.
Should I be able to download and import like this or does the R33 Hitachi chip prevent it? If possible, what is happening to MAF voltage?
When I import, I can import everything except the AFM volt field and naturally when I look at it under parameters it reads something like 31420 or so. But if I don’t import it then car runs like garbage.

Will start a new thread on broader issues if no resolution here.

Thanks in advance,

Jay
Matt
Site Admin

Re: R33 AFM Volt Error

Post by Matt »

You cannot simply load an R32/R33 definition file and import maps from a different vehicle BIN/connection

The definition files are specific to each vehicle BIN, and maps etc are located in different areas

If you wish to copy a map from one ECU to another, then load two instances of Nistune. One with R32 ECU selection, and R32 BIN file. The second one with R33 ECU and R33 BIN file

Anyway none of this you should need to do, since we have the R32 ECU with R33 maps already located in the ROM pack

Folder:
Documents\Nistune\ROM_Pack\Type2\ECR33_RB25

File (depends on which ECU and firmware). If its a few years old, most likely you need:
HCR32_FOR_RB25_11U0F_MT_TPS_VCT_FP_maps

This has the R33 maps (MAF, injectors etc) in the R32 ECU base image