Very new, information required

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Z32bolt

Very new, information required

Post by Z32bolt »

Ok, Hi. I’m very new to the Nistune thing, in fact I’ve not even brought it yet. So I thought I’d join up and ask some questions to see if this is the right product and process for me.
I have a Z32 TT, it’s currently throwing out about 360+ @ the fly, on stock turbos, injectors etc and a generic chip on my socketed ECU. The graph (I wil show this later) shows that power tails off very steeply at 4200rpm and that AFRs are in the 10s in the mid range. I’m aiming to produce around 400+ @ the fly for the immediate future with an end goal 450-500.
Now for the silly questions. I appreciate some would be answered by trawling around with the search function, so please be patient and provide me with links if appropriate;
Does Nistune encorperate the AFR signal from a wide band or simply log? Ie will it retard timing etc if things go out?
Can I use it to half the signal from the MAF and provide a dual intake, like Selin but without the components.
Is there a thriving community here to support my project for this car model?
Does anyone have a comprehensive thread on their own Z32 project for me to read?
What are the things I should read first before starting tuning the car myself?
Lots of questions I know thanks in advance.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Very new, information required

Post by Matt »

Best to email these questions via our website. Usually why I only activate forum accounts for registered members
Does Nistune encorperate the AFR signal from a wide band or simply log? Ie will it retard timing etc if things go out?
The Nistune software will display AFR from third party wideband, in conjunction with your ECU consult output. The ECU itself is not 'AFR aware' since it does not have wideband input
Can I use it to half the signal from the MAF and provide a dual intake, like Selin but without the components.
Nistune allows remapping the existing ECU, it does not change the hardware functions. You would still need the Selin to modify signals going into the ECU
Is there a thriving community here to support my project for this car model?
Many forums have got quieter compared to 10 years ago (ie before facebook). The forum is till active but is more of a tuning support area not specific to any type of vehicle.
Does anyone have a comprehensive thread on their own Z32 project for me to read?
You are best to visit 300ZX forums for this type of information
What are the things I should read first before starting tuning the car myself?
There are many generic bits of tuning information out there. EFI University is a good start. We also have tuning slides (training) and Nissan ECU Tuning Basics documentation on our website to help you get started
Z32bolt

Re: Very new, information required

Post by Z32bolt »

Thanks for taking the time to reply Matt, I’m look the bits up you’ve highlighted.