RB25 resize injectors

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

fikemoo

RB25 resize injectors

Post by fikemoo »

Hi guys been a while since I've posted on here but I'm having a few issues with a friends car. He's had abit of a winter project and the car is off to be mapped on the 14th of December by a nistune tuner here in the uk. And I said I'd be able to do the basics like change the size of the injectors and change the maf so he can just plod it along to the tuner and let him do the real business. But I got a phone call today and the car is driving like rubbish. It only really revs ip to around 3000/4000 and is running as rich as anything. As I said all I did was remove the previous persons map from ecu and put a v3 z32 rb25 base map and changed the maf and resized the injectors from standard to 666. Have I done something wrong

Thanks mike
Matt
Site Admin

Re: RB25 resize injectors

Post by Matt »

Can you post the tune file you used? Have you tried lowering TIM until fueling is around 14.7:1 at cruise (and trims on cruise around 0%)?
fikemoo

Post by fikemoo »

The car wont even drive it's running that badly. I used just the base map you guys provide and changed the injector size and the maf to a z32. It's running crazily rich

Thanks mike
fikemoo

Post by fikemoo »

here is the map that is currently on the car (attached) i have had to put it back to the standard r33 maf as we think there could possibly be an issue with the z32 maf, but if you could check to see if i have done anything wrong
Attachments
danss13rb25.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

K seems in the right place after the injector resize

Is the Z32 MAF genuine (see the main forum section with post on Z32 MAFs)

Should be 0.4V at power on and around 1.1V around idle also
fikemoo

Post by fikemoo »

Hello matt a new update on this something I forgot to mention is the guy purchased the maf second hand and it had been installed in a 4" alluminium tube. Would the 1" difference in tube size make that much of a difference to cause the problems

Thanks mike
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes it would if the internals were removed and put into 1" large tube. The VQ maps are calibrated for tube size :wink:
fikemoo

Post by fikemoo »

Right ok that makes sense. I just wasn't sure how much it would effect the car. So what can I do. I obviously was just trying to get the car to a mapper as my knowledge isn't that great

Thanks for all the help

Mike