consult plug issue

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

sidewayss13

consult plug issue

Post by sidewayss13 »

So I finally decided to wire up my consult plug and noticed the harness I have the tx rx and clk pins have been completely removed from the harness..So my question is can I re pin the ecu plug and run the wires directly to the consult plug??

Rb25det in s13 with z32 ecu and type 2 board
Matt
Site Admin

Re: consult plug issue

Post by Matt »

Yes you can. There is a consult and MAF wiring document under General Documentation on our website with pinouts
sidewayss13

Post by sidewayss13 »

Thanks for the quick reply Matt. I've downloaded the consult diagram just making sure
sidewayss13

Re: consult plug issue...now wont connect

Post by sidewayss13 »

Ok now I cant seem to get the consult to connect to the ecu, I soldered in the consult wires after testing and verifying

I have rx wired to pin 21, tx wired to pin 22, clk wired pin 31,ground wired to pin 50, Ignition wired to pin 59

I have good ground tested with multi meter, 11.86 volts to ignition wire,

when I try to connect I can only seem to get the green rx light to flash no orange tx light...Im stumped here..

rb25det with a 300zx ecu type 2 board
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Have you tried connecting with the original RB25DET ECU? Try that next
sidewayss13

Post by sidewayss13 »

Unfortunately this is the only ecu I have, the original ecu was damaged due to a homemade harness..I now have a new professional harness
sidewayss13

Post by sidewayss13 »

Does anyone have a good picture showing the wires the used to splice into the consult port, I've checked every diagram and ecu pinout to make sure I have the correct wires but a picture is worth 1000 words
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Heres one from my patch loom I've just taken. Shows all the wires
Attachments
RB25_Consult_plug.jpg
(114.78 KiB) Downloaded 2983 times
sidewayss13

Post by sidewayss13 »

That for the 50th refrence confirms my wiring now aside from giving up on nistune I'm not sure what to do..my type 2 board is brand new and was confirmed working before shipping..I cannot for the life of me get it to connect I'm throwing my arms up now..
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

It is normally a good idea to check you can connect to the ECU with consult prior to installing the board. This way you can determine if the problem is the ECU, consult cable or wiring

All boards are tested in an ECU after programming, before posting out to you.

Okay so is your Z32 ECU working properly, is the ECU in limp mode or is it running okay. If the ECU is in limp mode you will have no consult communications

With the original RB25 ECU, that does not run at all now?

I have a document to run through for this stuff:
http://nistune.com/docs/Installation_an ... ostics.pdf

Z32 in limp mode will not rev over 2000rpm, run rich at idle and check engine light still stay on. If you see these symptoms then put the original chip back in the ECU and try that out. Your ECU needs to be verified it is running correctly with the Nistune board otherwise it will not communicate

If the ECU is not running limp mode then make sure your wires are directly connected to the ECU plug (and not taped into the wires in the loom). The loom may have a short further on stopping comms working

Try connecting to another Nissan with the same grey consult plug if possible to check your cable
sidewayss13

Post by sidewayss13 »

I didn't install the board, I sent out the entire ecu and had the whole install done, no check engine light, engine revs past 2k easily no hesitation, my wideband shows its not running rich at idle..The wires are connected directly to the ecu..I have read the communication and install diagnosis over and over..I'm going to try and connect to another Nissan