problems with fuel card

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Bgtym

problems with fuel card

Post by Bgtym »

problems with fuel card, the motor boost of 0.5 does not match to the mixture of the fuel map. in the zone of high load where load all injectors 25-48%. max.
If you increase the "Total injection multiplaer" mixture increases equally across the map 10-11afr. ride unrealistic))
if my do not change the setting TIM, the mixture does not match just the boost.
we could not adjust the mixture even at stock boost. maf stock and stock injectors.
why in the stock firmware loading injectors of 48%?
the problem is the boost zone where the load is small injectors.

ENT HCR32_FOR_RB25_11U0F_MT_TPS_VCT_LEDOUT_v5_FP
Attachments
NIStune_2015-06-18_2224_04.csv
(51.17 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
HCR32_FOR_RB25_11U0F_MT_TPS_VCT_FP_maps.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
bachig24u

Re: problems with fuel card

Post by bachig24u »

I've noticed similar issue and found that changing TIM back to default and going old school K methods...

The problem is worse with this model skyline because the fuel pump controller module plays a huge part in TPS "ON" mixtures.

If you haven't bypassed FPCM module the problem is almost impossible to workaround.
Bgtym

Post by Bgtym »

bachig24u wrote:I've noticed similar issue and found that changing TIM back to default and going old school K methods...

The problem is worse with this model skyline because the fuel pump controller module plays a huge part in TPS "ON" mixtures.

If you haven't bypassed FPCM module the problem is almost impossible to workaround.
at low and medium load all good!
the only problem is to boost. a mixture of 13.8 to boost
I raised TIM to increase the mixture on the boost, while at low and medium load mixture very rich!
10 AFR and lower, engine stalled
If I lift "K" the situation is similar TIM.
the fuel pressure on the boost 3.5-4 kg.
stock MAF, stock 370cc, boost 0.5
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

sounds like a fuel regulation problem or non nissan MAF.

what model number of fuel pressure regulator?
Bgtym

Post by Bgtym »

bachig24u wrote:sounds like a fuel regulation problem or non nissan MAF.

what model number of fuel pressure regulator?
MAF installed from the working engine
Fuel regulator stock
problems began after the upgrade nistune.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Firmware should not change tune if you set TIM=512 and just adjust K constant like normal (you can tell injector resize to use TIM or K constant in later versions)

The reason why we use TIM is to keep the ECU operating in the factory load scales. Changing the load scales when moving K constant can have side effects (since other items like throttle enrichment, O2 sensing etc still work in the factory TP scales)
Bgtym

Post by Bgtym »

Matt wrote:Firmware should not change tune if you set TIM=512 and just adjust K constant like normal (you can tell injector resize to use TIM or K constant in later versions)

The reason why we use TIM is to keep the ECU operating in the factory load scales. Changing the load scales when moving K constant can have side effects (since other items like throttle enrichment, O2 sensing etc still work in the factory TP scales)
I repeat, I increase the "K" to get a 11afr to boost, while at low and medium load, the mixture rich. 10afr approximately! driving is impossible!
How do I make the mixture in the zone boost 10-12afr,
while for the low and medium load was 14.5-13afr.?
what to do?

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There are potentially two discussions here:

1. Please note the AFRs in the fuel map will not necessarily match the AFRs on your wideband. This is why I removed AFR display from basic + intermediate user modes. Many things including fuel pressure can affect final AFRs. Use filtered/raw values for commanding fuel values

Do not expect fuel map AFRs = wideband AFRs! It may do this on some vehicles, but it not guaranteed

Also when making for larger injectors, K gets lowered (say 50% reduce K when 370CC > 740CC injectors) we will note that fuel map values are also halved to get good AFRs back (eg 11.5:1). The larger injectors, the flatter the fuel map

In this case AFRs displayed in fuel map will definitely not match wideband AFRs...

2. Separate thing mentioned by bachig24u is that when he adjusts TIM for injectors (instead of K constant) that this becomes more occourant. Where 'estimated AFRs' in fuel map do not match wideband values.

Moving K constant (and then rescaling TP in fuel and timing maps) is not the best way to adjust injectors. Because only TP scales for fuel and timing adjusted (and not any other table or parameter also using TP). There are documented side effects of only moving these two sets of TP scales (including acceleration enrichment issues, O2 feedback area and knock feedback area)

3. I should note that Feature Pack updates should not have affected any of the standard operations of the ECU (if TIM=512 value by default). That is what I am trying to clarify here.

If you think a bug has been introduced then please let me know, otherwise I am trying to clarify the AFRs in fuel map will not necessarily match your wideband. Also tune within the factory TP scales

If you do not use the full scale, then adjust K constant to reposition how TP traces over the map, and offset fueling with TIM
Bgtym

Post by Bgtym »

Problem is we have stock injectors, stock maf, stock pressure, basic firmware in nistune and we have not properly working engine. We have another cars with big turbo/ injectors, gtr 35 maf and e.t. We do not even try to tune them, because we see than is no logic in new version on nistune.
We have all stock, all. So, we put new firmware from featurepack, start engine, had a run and saw, than afr is too lean (13-14) (all stock). Ok, we increased k and had a normal afr (11), but in idle we had 10 afr.
Ok, we knew that afr not every time match map. So we put k to took normal idle, had a run, still lean. We decided change fuel map for achieve rich afr on boost, but fuel map did not work, at all. We put all through the map in boost zone 8 afr and no changes in our real afr (still 13-14).
So we had another experiments with k and tim, but not even close to correct engine work in stock condition.
We have experience in tune by nistune, have 3 skylines by nistune, but now we have a big problem and no thoughts what to do. We did not see how it work now, we read all manuals, but we think it is a bug.

After all this we installed stock ecu and had properly working engine on idle and on boost, with normal afr (which match to fuel map).
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Problem is we have stock injectors, stock maf, stock pressure, basic firmware in nistune and we have not properly working engine
Please confirm: So you have an R33 RB25DET Skyline with 370CC injectors and S1 / S2 MAF installed correct?

Test: Can you reprogram the board to 11U00 for RB25 (with TPS modification) without the feature pack firmware and see if this works better for you?
We have another cars with big turbo/ injectors, gtr 35 maf and e.t. We do not even try to tune them, because we see than is no logic in new version on nistune.
What do you mean there is no logic in new version? You are talking about Feature Pack which adds for HCR32:
- Total injection adjustment
- Flex fuel
- Launch control
- VCT enabled via LED
We have all stock, all. So, we put new firmware from featurepack, start engine, had a run and saw, than afr is too lean (13-14) (all stock)
It should just work stock with the RB25 base tune. There should be no further adjustment really required

Try and just use version without feature pack and see if that works okay. Items in feature pack are disabled by default (except TIM which is set at default 512 value)

We load all customer boards with feature pack for RB25 and all tuners have reported excellent results so far. This is the first reported tuning issue. However I do not have logs before/after to compare. I've ran this on my own vehicle with no issues either
Ok, we knew that afr not every time match map. So we put k to took normal idle, had a run, still lean. We decided change fuel map for achieve rich afr on boost, but fuel map did not work, at all
Yeah should not need to change K and TIM for stock maps

So when you changed fuel map, did you notice an increase in injection time (using AFR tracer) after altering the fuel map?
So we had another experiments with k and tim, but not even close to correct engine work in stock condition.
Only for your vehicle. We have put standard R32 RB25 into other R33 Skylines with stock settings and they run fine... I'm not sure what the problem is going on with this vehicle
We have experience in tune by nistune, have 3 skylines by nistune, but now we have a big problem and no thoughts what to do. We did not see how it work now, we read all manuals, but we think it is a bug. After all this we installed stock ecu and had properly working engine on idle and on boost, with normal afr (which match to fuel map)
Your best bet at this stage is to run without feature pack... since you think there is a bug in the new feature pack code then do not use it. We have run this on many cars now here and I see no issues with it.

Description I have at this stage is that:
Load HCR32 ECU with Type 2 board with HCR32_FOR_RB25_11U0F_MT_TPS_VCT_LEDOUT_v5_FP ENT file into standard R33 Skyline and mixtures are lean (log file you supplied shows this)

Suggestion is to run without feature pack (standard 11U00 with TPS mod for RB25) and see how that goes
Attachments
hcr32_rb25_feature_pack_playback.png
(138 KiB) Downloaded 3845 times
Bgtym

Post by Bgtym »

Matt thanks for help, today I recorded ENT HCR32_FOR_RB25_11U00_MT_v4, my nistyun ECU.
and additionally took another ECU R32 with other Skyline
where to I recorded ENT ECR32_FOR_RB25_11U0F_MT_TPS_VCT_LEDOUT_v5_FP
and took another ECU Z32 with ENT Z32_FOR_RB25DET_41P03_MT_v3

the weekend I will be testing the car on three different ECU
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay let me know how it goes.
Bgtym

Post by Bgtym »

Matt wrote:Okay let me know how it goes.
Hi Matt, I reinstalled ENT, everything worked perfectly.
before that, I installed ENT Fail located on the site, perhaps the reason for in it.
Now everything works fine! HCR32_FOR_RB25_11U0F_MT_TPS_VCT_FP_maps.bin
Knock panel works well, but maybe have to add sensitivity. if possible))
how accurately nistun shows loading injectors?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Injector pulsewidth from consult is accurate. I've checked it with oscilloscope during my testing