Nistune Error Message

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

ttcarguy

Nistune Error Message

Post by ttcarguy »

It has been a while since I have done some tuning, but now I get the following error on any ROM I load:
"Loaded tune file does not contain a known ECU part number and requires repair. Copy maps from file in the ROM pack?"

I never got this before and it is not isolated to 1 ROM (I have many and they all give me this error).

Should I be trying to correct my ROM using one of the maps from the ROM pack? I have never had to do this before.

If I choose to copy maps from the ROM pack which of the many maps do I choose in the Type2\Z32_VG30 folder?
I have a 1990 300zx TT Fed Manual (with AIV delete), should I use: Z32_VG30DETT_31P02_1990_MT_FED.BIN

Attached is a sample ROM.

I am running Nistune 1.2.32.
Attachments
1st Download of the year 2013.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Nistune Error Message

Post by Matt »

The file you have attached only has maps (not a complete ECU file). This happened when nistune first was written, when you could download maps into an empty base. So the saved file only contained a limited set of maps (available back at the time)

Updates after this made Nistune look for a matching base file (eg 31P02) in the ROM pack and then load the maps into this (a full ECU file). However if the ROM pack was not installed, or the file just wasnt found then you still ended up with a partial file

What you have here is a partial file. Yes you select a matching base (like the 31P02 file) and then select the maps you know you want to copy in. I've attached a copy of this file with the maps I've selected. New maps definitions (like knock count) will not be available in that older image
Attachments
Z32_41P03_1stDownload2013_merged.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
ttcarguy

Post by ttcarguy »

>> New maps definitions (like knock count) will not be available in that older image
Not sure I follow. Do you mean different base files in the ROM pack contain different features like knock count? i.e. Z32_VG30DETT_31P02_1990_MT_FED.BIN does not contain the same features as Z32_VG30DETT_41P03_MT_JDM.BIN?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

What I mean is that if you
(a) ran version X nistune which only displayed 20 maps, and downloaded them into an empty file then
(b) when you updated to version Y nistune 2 years later, which displayed 30 maps.
(c) when you use version Y to load a file from version X there would be 20 maps displayed, and the new 10 maps displayed would be blank

To avoid the problem with the maps downloaded must always be loaded into a base file (with all the other undefined maps). Nistune always needs a base file to download maps into, to ensure the tune file you are working with has everything

That file you uploaded here only had a portion of the maps in the entire tune file (rest of file was blank)
ttcarguy

Post by ttcarguy »

Got it. The only issue I have is selecting the correct ROM in the ROM pack within Type2\Z32_VG folder.

Which one do you recommend?

My ECU manufacturer part # is A18-A40 M71 9810. I tried to use the posted Nissan_Part_List.xls to map from the ECU manufacturer part # to the Nissan Part # but mine is not listed.
I have a 1990 300zx TT Manual Transmission Fed (Build Date: 7/89) Canadian Vehicle with AIV delete, HICAS delete and EGR delete.

Before I installed Nistune I downloaded the ROM that was originally in my car (so I have that as well), but was told I needed to upgrade my ROM to a newer version since I did the deletes.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

You can try unticking the Bit 7 'AIV delete' flag in the software if you are having issues with this in the current ECU image

Use the matching part number against what is displayed by the ECU part number you get at the top of the screen

ECU ID: 23710-xxxxx

Use the matching xxxxx part number in the ROM pack
ttcarguy

Post by ttcarguy »

>> Use the matching part number against what is displayed by the ECU part number you get at the top of the screen
If only it was that easy. When I connect using Nistune I get ECU: 23710-????? REV: 14(U)
Attachments
Nistune ECU.jpg
(79.5 KiB) Downloaded 3126 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Strange. Consult part number has been changed to ?????

Not sure why. I would suggest using 31P02 as a default ROM image when syncing maps in this case. Might be a good idea sometime to get a firmware upgrade with proper part number and feature pack loaded
ttcarguy

Post by ttcarguy »

Thanks Matt.

>> Strange. Consult part number has been changed to ?????
The ????? have always been there. If I knew this was not normal I would have told you about it when I first received the board. This is the problem when you live in the sticks like me...nobody to compare to.

>> Might be a good idea sometime to get a firmware upgrade with proper part number and feature pack loaded
I don't really need to upgrade, but I would like the board to function like it should. Other than the display ????? is there any other drawbacks that you are aware of?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I dont think there should be any other drawbacks. Most likely the ECU image which I received at the time (might have been from a chip or something else) so we did not have an available part number so filled the ECU ID filed with ???? instead