Help with tune

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

kirbykg

Help with tune

Post by kirbykg »

As of lately the car would be hard to start cold and hot. Now since getting the new update and putting on z32 rb25det v3. It helps but today I tried starting took a good min to get it to start, but after warm starts, it starts right up first time. Would any one be willing to send me there tune to see if it helps? I've been trying to get this car tuned in Japan ever since I got the nistune but none will tune it so I barley drive it as its AFR is 9.0 and guzzles gas and shoots flames like nobodies business. Things in the car are as follows. Nistune z32 type 2. Blitz front mount, r34 hybrid turbo aluminum fins and ball bearing charge cartridge. Z32 genuine maf brand new from Japan Nissan dealer, 740cc nismo injectors, tomei 255 fuel pump, split fire coils, colder thermostat, hks ssqv bov, apexi cold air, innovate a/f tied into Bosch O2 stock o2 removed. Soon to have alcohol injection once it gets here. If you guys could help it would be much appreciated.

Kirby
kirbykg

Re: Help with tune

Post by kirbykg »

Alright will try it out, have duty today but tomorrow I put it in and see how it goes.
kirbykg

Post by kirbykg »

So I put the tune on the car, first fired up great :) and even restarted with no problems. But now today it runs like it's in limp until it's warmed up.... After that it hesitates until 2k and then it runs strong runs rich at idle but when adjusted k constant it went to 14.5 -14.9 but car idle dropped to the 500 so I put it back to what it was and it sat at 9 AFR. I don't know if it would be a problem but I always noticed car runs rich but when it starts to go on load and boost up it would change from 9 aft and get up to like 16-17 AFR on boost, is this bad? I thought it needs to go the other way. Even when not pushing it it's like the more rpms the higher AFR. I tried disconnecting the O2 sensor car stayed normal nothing happened. Removal of maf stalls the car out. I'm sure the O2 is ok since the innovate free calibrates to 22 and I can connect to nistune and AFR reads the same on there as the innovate Logic says and also the innovate db gauge says the same. Any more help would be appreciated really want this car to run great.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yeah I think I mucked that up. If you look at Operations > Change MAF it was still ECR33 MAF

I've deleted the attachment and reattached
Attachments
Z32_RB25_Z32MAF_740CC.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
kirbykg

Post by kirbykg »

Alright I will try again today and post results. Thank you for the help so far :)
kirbykg

Post by kirbykg »

Cars running a little better but after long drive it starts having hunting issues and still running pretty rich. I had a question I always had the problem where the car selected is vq30dett something like that and every time I try to choose skyline r33 but every time I try it says sycronization problem do you want to use exsisting information along those lines. Would this cause some of my problems?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

You need to select the ECU you are using (not the vehicle it is installed in). If you are using a Z32 ECU to run the RB25 in an R33... then Z32 is the ECU you need to use

Adjust your K constant so your trims (FTS/FTL) are towards 0% when warm and you have good AFRs on cruise and when on boost

What I posted was just a starting point tune only so adjustment will be required from here on
kirbykg

Post by kirbykg »

Ok so I had one of my friends look at it today, didn't know he went to school for car tuning and dyno. He looked at it and knew it was really rich he tried changing some variables on the fuel map and he adjusted the first cells by a bit to bring up the afr he got it to about 10 from 9 but changing anymore it's like the car trying to kill itself and he said we don't want that. It was raining pretty hard so we stopped. He said the spark plugs are probably pretty jacked up and need changed and then we will try again. But he did say when he was changing stuff it didn't seem like it was doing much if not anything. Would you have to change values a lot just to get minor changes?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I cannot explain to tune this thing properly in a single forum post. Refer to our Support > Documentation pages with a startup guide and operations showing what the parameters are doing

He needs to start adjusting the injection multiplier before attacking the fuel map