Everytime I change gears, AFR turns lean

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

bj226

Everytime I change gears, AFR turns lean

Post by bj226 »

Dear Matt and other experienced users of Nistune.

During my tuning for my BCNR33 with R32 ECU, I always notice a strange thing. The existing map is fine but I find that whenever I change gear, no matter shifting up or down, the AFR will always get lean for 1-2 second during the change (say from from 13.5 to 16.0) and then get right (say turning back from 16.0 to 12.5) after the gear change. It seem to cause hesitation during the acceleration. I've ever tried to:
- make the map richer
- make the 1st & 2nd column richer (as the cursor will jump back to the light load areas during gear change)
- turn on and off and O2 feedback etc.

, but the said pattern remains more or less the same. I just wonder if there are still other settings like the neutral switch, load recovery etc. that I'm not aware of and might relate to this.

Thanks for your advice! :mrgreen:

Ringo
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Everytime I change gears, AFR turns lean

Post by Matt »

Hi Ringo

Can you post the tune here? Log file with the issue also

There is no change in fueling with the neutral switch that I am aware of. It is mainly used for timing and idle control. When going off throttle, between the fuel cut/recovery points the injection time is cut to minimum (latency value)

After this it should go back to normal injection time in the fuel map. Have a look at your TP min table if is going too lean, you can try and increase at this point