Lean Tuning with or without o2 sensor?

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

my1path

Lean Tuning with or without o2 sensor?

Post by my1path »

I'm finally taking some time to get back into nistune. (Bought another project, had a baby, work stuff etc... life) and I was trying to lean out the first two columns of the fuel map. With the "O" flag off I cannot make the cell leaner than 14.7. With it on I can go leaner on the map but the O2 sensor feedback brings it back to 14.7 in real time.
I'm targeting 15.5~16 right now for coasting with the throttle just cracked to prevent engine braking.

I have not yet tried to disable the O2 feedback (raise temp, uncheck or unplug) so that the "O" flagged areas run the target ratio without being "corrected" by the sensor. But would I be correct in understanding that this is the only achieve the above?
raddy

Re: Lean Tuning with or without o2 sensor?

Post by raddy »

leave O2 flag in map turned ON, disconnect sensor itself and adjust map value to reach your AFR, this is easiest way.... sometimes there are issues if you just change O2 feedback temp or so, best way is unplug sensor physically.
my1path

Post by my1path »

Will this hurt the sensor since it is no longer heated?
Torque

Post by Torque »

Interesting ... does this mean the O2 Flag is not working?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

was trying to lean out the first two columns of the fuel map. With the "O" flag off I cannot make the cell leaner than 14.7
This is normal. You cannot make the Nissan ECU cells leaner than 14.7:1 (ie go under the raw value 0) with O2 flag off

You would need to disable it completely