flex fuel software upgrading with 1.29 test release

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Super300zx

flex fuel software upgrading with 1.29 test release

Post by Super300zx »

Hi Guys/ Girls and Matt

Been discussing the flex fuel additions but finding it hard to get answers on the aus300zx.com forum with specific answers so hoping to get some answers from the experts here

I see there is a test release (1.29) available now for the flex fuel updates (Z32 VG30DETT - note: Auto)

So my understanding is that you can reflash the ROM and replace the bin files (if you have the licence) but need the programmer board to update the firmware (another firmware chip inside) for the flex fuel upgrade (meaning the ECU would have to be opened and the programmer board plugged in)

Is that right?

If so - is there a list of people / workshops anywhere besides matt that have the programmers board so we can see what options are available?

Also - matt - can you tell me what it costs to have this done with you if the above is correct and one needs the ECU to be upgraded with the programmers board

Thanks heaps as always
JC
Matt
Site Admin

Re: flex fuel software upgrading with 1.29 test release

Post by Matt »

Test base image for Z32 is 41P03 (JDM MT VG30DETT)

You need to reflash the Type 2 board with the ENT file in the ROM pack (extra files installed with 1.2.9). Base Image Programmer is required to reflash the board with the updated firmware for flex fuel etc.

The boards themselves only contain NVRAM which are programmed externally. Type 2 board carefully removed and then placed into the programmer, PGM soldered and then programmed (as per the NTProg instruction manual)

I dont have a list at the moment but major workshops/dealers that program boards onsite have a Base Image Programmer. They may charge a nominal fee to reprogram and return.

I will reprogram boards here for no charge, except return postage. Inside Australia include a self addressed return sachet, overseas are generally $21AUD USA/Canada/Asia and $25AUD other countries (Europe etc) for registered airmail if I reuse your packaging
Super300zx

Post by Super300zx »

Matt wrote:Test base image for Z32 is 41P03 (JDM MT VG30DETT)

You need to reflash the Type 2 board with the ENT file in the ROM pack (extra files installed with 1.2.9). Base Image Programmer is required to reflash the board with the updated firmware for flex fuel etc.

The boards themselves only contain NVRAM which are programmed externally. Type 2 board carefully removed and then placed into the programmer, PGM soldered and then programmed (as per the NTProg instruction manual)

I dont have a list at the moment but major workshops/dealers that program boards onsite have a Base Image Programmer. They may charge a nominal fee to reprogram and return.

I will reprogram boards here for no charge, except return postage. Inside Australia include a self addressed return sachet, overseas are generally $21AUD USA/Canada/Asia and $25AUD other countries (Europe etc) for registered airmail if I reuse your packaging

Awesome Matt - thanks heaps

So just to confirm - the base image 41P03 (JDM MT VG30DETT) is also compatible with JDM Auto's or just the JDM manual's at this stage?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Just manuals. Doing patch firmware on 41P13 should not be difficult for AT models since same code
rick88ss

Post by rick88ss »

Are the knock tables and overall use and inputs of the knock sensors disabled when running the Flex board and the Feature Pack ROM for the Z32 ecu?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Only knock maps switching is disabled. Nissan used this to switch from high to low octane fuel. Knock feedback is still active and used to retard timing as normal
rick88ss

Post by rick88ss »

I'm not going to be running a knock sensor. What do I need to do so the ecu with Nistune runs properly?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Stub out the knock sensors with a resistor to avoid a DTC code if not using them. 470K ohm works