top speed limiter

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

supersayianjim

top speed limiter

Post by supersayianjim »

so on my old rb20det(ive since upgraded to a rb25det). i ran my nistune on my s13. and it was great, no complaints. EXCEPT!!! i would reach a top speed of 118-120mph then i would hit a fuel or speed cut(not sure which one). but iirc i would set the limits to 8-9k on both limiters.

still i would hit a cut at 118-120mph. these are the stock single ka parameters. i had my harness professionally merged (the rb+ka harness). so this isn't a hack job. is there a way to use nistune to eliminate the top speed limiter completly?? or do i need to get a sld??
Matt
Site Admin

Re: top speed limiter

Post by Matt »

what is the part# of the ECU. I can check it out

So you have speed limiters at maximum, and RPM limits about 8000rpm, and TP limit table set to high values?
OMG70

Post by OMG70 »

Matt wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:45 pm what is the part# of the ECU. I can check it out

So you have speed limiters at maximum, and RPM limits about 8000rpm, and TP limit table set to high values?
Hi Matt does setting speed limiter 1 & 2 Completely disable the speed limit on a s13 SR20det Black top with FP
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The limits are not disabled, but set from the default JDM 180km/h upto a maximum of 512km/h

Some ECUs allow the RPM limiter to work upto 8012rpm, and after that it no longer limits

I would like to know the ECU part number (and log of the problem showing the cut to check it out futher, plus copy of the tune)