can the accel enrichment voltages be changed?

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

bigcam

can the accel enrichment voltages be changed?

Post by bigcam »

Hi all long time user of nistune and pesterer of matt!

have come across a minor issue i would love to get some other thoughts on.

relates to a tb42e engine in a Y60 GQ patrol, turbocharged, 550cc injectors with a Q45 MAF, tuned up fine today on the dyno (despite fuel pump running out of puff)
however the just off closed throttle has a lean spot, it seems it is part of the 4 throttle enrichment tables, as they are split into <600rpm, 600-1200, 1200-1800 and so on.

the issue is with the larger MAF, idle MAF voltage is around 1.18v and the 600-1200 throttle enrichment table starts at 1.92v.

when the throttle is opened to take up the clutch or similar, the AFR is dropping suddenly then cleans up as the MAF voltage rises above this point.

My question is can this voltage be changed in the table so the throttle pump works properly with the new MAF? i dont think this can be solved with the main fuel table alone as this is ignored to an extent until the throttle pump time passes.

welcome any input.

cheers
cam
s200rat

Re: can the accel enrichment voltages be changed?

Post by s200rat »

what happens if you increase the lower most value, the 1.92 one, the ecu should interpolate using the last cell?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Havent played with these tables. Another one to the list to look into
Bill O

Post by Bill O »

Gday Cam ,
I am an absolute newbie to ECU tuning so will have too many dumb questions .
I am wanting to get my gq tb42e tuned for power and economy for towing a van .
Can you tell me what mods I need on my engine prior to chasing up a tuner so as not to waste everyones time . Currently stock standard with k&n filter and tuned up to spec . No turbo - no extractors/exhaust system .
Hope you can help . Thanks .
Bill