Matt: The Skyline is running

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Bernardd

Matt: The Skyline is running

Post by Bernardd »

Nistuning will start on sat a.m. I have a plms consult package. As I understand it I can use my romulator, the consult board, and nistune to tune.
Is that it?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

yep thats it. let me know how it goes
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

After some small problems all we had time for was to alter the K value for the larger mafs. We took the stock mafs and placed them into 3" piping. I started the car and after warmup got a 19:1 afr. I increased the k by 26%. The rom had a kvalue of E9 so I increased to 127h and the afr's went back to matching the map values. We only managed one run upto 13psi. :shock: about sums it up. More tuning will happen on monday/tuesday. This time the car is coming out to the country side for some wot to 4th gear runs.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

so consult connection and romulator worked fine with what you used so far in nistune?

what about the 'extra' consult display items (second O2, AFM etc) for the RB26DETT?
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

um........i couldn't find my consult cable....i found it now, so i'll be back at it on monday or tuesday.... :oops:
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

I've tuned the skyline for 20psi so far. We replaced the stock injectors with 680cc units. All is going well. I have not tested out both maf readings and such. I will get to that the next time i get my hands on it. The problem is that there's no bnr .adr file in the latest release. Can I use on that I have archived from an earlier install?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

good stuff

yep use an earlier address file. the address updates are really only for the NIStune board firmware updates which affect Z31/R31 currently