Q45 consult problems

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

i've updated the address file

i haven't had time to investiagte this issue yet and will need to relook at the logs again. I'll probably just remove the status check for that particular error as a work around

So the RAM trace isn't working on consult currently? I'll add that to the list and see what has changed in this version

What timing value do you get and what do you expect? CA18 is similar, it has an offset. You can specify this offset in the address file, I'll hunt it down and let you know what it is
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Ram trace failed with both the serial consult connector and blazt cable when it worked. It says something about a checksum error and disconnects.

The timing issue may well be an offset. It typically reads about 50 btdc at idle in both Nistune and Nissan Datascan. The FSM reports a stock timing value of 15 btdc. I'd have to look at the logs again to see how high it goes during a run.

One other thing I noticed is that the normal fuel map and the knock fuel map addresses are mixed up. At least I think they are. I made changes to the normal ignition map and they took affect. When I changed the normal fuel map it did nothing but changing the knock fuel map made a difference.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

they could be backwards. i'll swap them around then
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

what changes need to be made to address file for this then?

- I need to swap the fuel and knock maps
- The consult offset should be 35 (50 - 15)
- The timing map offset should be 6 (idle timing is 21 degrees on the map)

Are the timing maps correct here?

NIStune cannot support board for these since the rom image is full