cold warm up

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Wayl94

cold warm up

Post by Wayl94 »

cannot figure this problem out only happens when the car is cold its rb20det in between 20-30 degrees temp its showing the timing as -9 on nistune, now as it gets just a little bit warmer the timing spikes up to 110 degrees and stalls the car, if i keep my foot on throttle it wont cut out,i loaded in the base tune maps from rom pack and still nothing changed so im not sure if it has anything to do with the tune. and this only happens with the idle switch plugged in, if i unplug it its running at 2k rpm and itll just stay that way but its kinda annoying always reving at 2k rpm just wondering if anyone had this problem before?
kamilp1908

Re: cold warm up

Post by kamilp1908 »

the timing spikes up to 110 degrees and stalls the car,
Maybe your CAS is broken? 110 of timing is very strange.
Wayl94

Post by Wayl94 »

im thinking if the cas was be bugged all the time its only between warm up and with the idle plug in , i have no idea what else it could be unless theres other valves that interacts with the idle switch?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Difficult to know without a log showing the problem and more importantly, your current tune (BIN) file. Once we have those, we can look further into it

At a guess, it may be using your warmup timing table, which may be incorrect values?
Wayl94

Post by Wayl94 »

kk ill get a log of it and send a current tune file once i have time to do it thanks
Wayl94

Post by Wayl94 »

here is a bin of my current tune i bought the car not to long ago and the wideband is not working so i didnt mess with it to much at all and still new to this so didnt wanna try anything till that was fixed.only thing i did try to fix the problem was to upload a base tune to my ecu and see if that was it but only tried it once then went back to the map im showing now
r32.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
i cant get a log of it right now the car is warm and needs to be sitting over night for it to get cold enough for it to happen will post later on
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Base image is 04U00 (non feature pack). This is quite old

Simple compare between this file and 04U00 shows the problem straight away with funky timing Also note changes to warmup timing O2 sensor also disabled in this tune
Wayl94

Post by Wayl94 »

So the base image is not in the packs? And if I just copied the one your showing there and enable the 02 because my wideband ain’t working would it be a blow the motor kinda problem?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

04U00 Base image is in the ROM pack

Folder: Documents/Nistune/ROM Pack/Type 2/HCR32 RB20DET

Just need to fix that timing map up and remove the spikes firstly

I was saying that the O2 sensor temperature is disabled in your tune
Wayl94

Post by Wayl94 »

yeah thanks i used that base map for now will adjust later noticing a big power difference, but took the warm up timing and the 02 sensor and it stopped doing that thanks alot!