Matt
Site Admin

Re: Timing issues

Post by Matt »

Interesting that the timing map / idle timing were inverted with the offsets
my1path

Re: Timing issues

Post by my1path »

Matt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:41 am Interesting that the timing map / idle timing were inverted with the offsets
Yeah, I don't know if it I had it wrong before adding the third offset or if one effected the other. I had a bad ping and lots of heat with a trailer a few weeks ago and started digging. I loaded a tune with flat everything (15 idles / 20 mains) and triple checked against the timing light to get those offsets.
Then I generated a whole new tune with tighter scales and and much more attention to timing than I have in the past. I still need more work in the light load areas to bring my MPG up. I know I can look at speed vs duty cycle to get an Idea of MPG changes but it would be nice if there was a tool in nistune that ran actual MPG calculations. I know there is a program that already does this but it cannot be run at the same time as nistune.

Interestingly the tighter scale also allowed me nearly stop 13.7 from ever coming across my wide band (historically my hottest AFR to have when cruising) by having by having such large jump between two cells I go from 14.0 in one cell to 12.5 in the next. Under my usual conditions I mostly see 13.2-12.8 when its averaging the two.