SOMEONE Give me their Tune! 450CC DSM Injectors - Z32 MAF

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

1SIKZ31

SOMEONE Give me their Tune! 450CC DSM Injectors - Z32 MAF

Post by 1SIKZ31 »

I need someone to help me out to start my car off with a base tune!
I dont want to start from scratch again, so if someone has the same setup as me and wants to send me their tune it would be GREATLY appreciated!

My set up is as follows:
Nistune
Z32 MAF
450cc DSM Blue Top Injectors

Anyone willing to help me out? :oops:

If I could get this from somebody, my "vehicle down time" would be DRASTICALLY reduced as I would be able to work off something alot easier than "scratch" :)
1SIKZ31

Post by 1SIKZ31 »

$30 paypal whoever gives me a tune to start off with!
Hendrick301

Post by Hendrick301 »

i agree with you, it might be a good idea to have a section of the forum for "tunes" with what you have with it.

a example would be your description...

no two cars will have the exact tune, but it would help out newbies on getting started.

i have nistune with 420cc and z32 MAF, although i am getting it dyno tuned after i get my new intake manifold...
1985 300Z 5-Speed GLL Turbo. T-3/T-4 Turbo Upgrade Stage 3, K&N, Certified Muffler 2.5 Exhaust, 420cc Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Eibach Springs,Tokico Struts, MSA Swaybar Kit, Front Mount Intercooler, Greddy Type RS Blow off Valve, Nistune PCM
1SIKZ31

Post by 1SIKZ31 »

Hendrick301 wrote:i agree with you, it might be a good idea to have a section of the forum for "tunes" with what you have with it.

a example would be your description...

no two cars will have the exact tune, but it would help out newbies on getting started.

i have nistune with 420cc and z32 MAF, although i am getting it dyno tuned after i get my new intake manifold...
a good idea indeed!
ANYONE want to help me out?!
if you get that tune, please be sure to let me know.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Do your VQ map swapover from Z31 MAF to Z32 MAF

Bernard posted here that he had
012F for bosch/ford cfi 440cc injectors/z32maf

That would be a good starting point for your K value (Injection Multiplier) when the Z32 MAF is installed, will need some tweaking with O2 sensor feedback turned off and getting your mid-high load AFRs right

http://ibconceptions.com/Nistune/viewto ... ight=#1741
1SIKZ31

Post by 1SIKZ31 »

Matt wrote:Do your VQ map swapover from Z31 MAF to Z32 MAF

Bernard posted here that he had
012F for bosch/ford cfi 440cc injectors/z32maf

That would be a good starting point for your K value (Injection Multiplier) when the Z32 MAF is installed, will need some tweaking with O2 sensor feedback turned off and getting your mid-high load AFRs right

http://ibconceptions.com/Nistune/viewto ... ight=#1741

holy crap!
ummm... I have no idea how to do a VQ Map swapover.

I will use 012F for injector latency as a starting point after Z32 MAF Install.

Turning o2 feedback off is as easy as unplugging the sensor temporarily and after the tune is finished plugging it back up and forgetting about it correct?

To be honest I dont know what 012F is for latency, to get to injector latency and change it to 012F what is necessary to do?

Thanks alot matt ur ALWAYS a good help! :cry:
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

READ THIS http://www.ztechz.net/id10.html over and over and over and over and over and over......until it makes sense to you. DO NOT ATTEMPT to tune your car with at least a basic understanding of what you're doing. You can easily terminate your engine by entering bad values.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

We need to make a 'dummies' version of that webpage plus some of the stuff that was written up for tuning the bikirom boards

Chapter 13 of the NIStune Software Users Manual has the details on VQ Map swapower

Do this first and then plug in the K constant above. The VQ Map swapower K constant calcs doesnt work on R31/Z31 probably since we are changing the voltage levels in the hardware from 2-7volts to 0-5 volts. Thats my theory at this stage and I still need to sit down and work out a offset to apply for these ECUs to get it 'right'
GZ@hybridka

Post by GZ@hybridka »

Here are the stock latency timings for the 2nd generation 1995 DSM awd turbo injectors (450cc) from the mitsubishi ecu rom. As far as anyone knows in the DSM community, scaling is done to this battery voltage table alone to compensate for alternate injector opening time.

Volts/ uS
18.70 / 495
16.35 / 555
14.00 / 690
11.68 / 915
9.34 / 1260
7.00 / 2295
4.70 / 3825